14 Year Old Girl In Pub

Steve Gribbon

Article from today's Examiner.

No big deal these day's I suppose.

But the article said there was a baby in the pub also. It didn't say if this was good bad or indifferent. If you go in some pubs in Douglas on 'certain' days its like a creche. Is it against the law? I really don't know.

But what about those little pink lungs in that pub atmosphere. Only a few months since they weren't even existed. Just a few delicate cells thick.

Mind you, if the mums are dead desperate for a pint then there's no REAL harm done because so what, the baby's going to be at home in a smokie atmosphere. Better off in the pub I would say.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One sight that really sickens me and, unbelieveably still see, is a pregnant woman smoking.

It is surprising that pregnant women still do that when everybody knows the harm it can cause. I bumped into a friend a few months back, she was 5-6 months pregnant, smoking like a chimney and drinking pints. I found that quite disturbing.

I've not read the newspaper article properly yet so don't know exactly what it's about.

Article from today's Examiner.

But what about those little pink lungs in that pub atmosphere.

Not that much different really from cafe's etc that allow smoking. I dont agree with bringing young children into pubs unless the pub serves food and its for a meal with their parent/s but the point I am trying to make is most cafe's/ restaurants that allow smoking have just as bad smokey atmoshere and people dont go up in arms about that!

Cafes/Restaurants are usually better ventilated I always thought. Even though I quit smoking a while back, I could never stand smoke around food. I'd quite happily support a blanket ban in all restaurants but I'm not sure that would work in cafes.

It's pretty irresponsible to drag a small baby into a smoke rich environment though.

" she was 5-6 months pregnant, smoking like a chimney and drinking pints."

i saw a woman in the pub last weekend like that. no maternal clothes on either, belly on show , cover it love for christs sakes, drop the pint and the fags and get home and eat cheese and chocolate on toast.

If my memory serves me correctly, UK licencing law is (or was back in 1995) along the lines of...

No person under 18 years of age is permitted on Licensed premises unless they are partaking in the consumption of a meal in a designated eating area, or they are moving between unlicenced areas where no alternative means of access or egress exist.

Irrelevent to the Island, but hey...

I smoked all through my pregnancy, when people tried to judge I told them the baby would be smaller was the worst thing so bettter for me when my time came. didnt work though, he was almost 9 pounds

I really haven't got a lot to say about your comments if you are being serious, apart from you should maybe thank your lucky stars that you had a healthy baby and take a look at this website you silly girl..........

http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,5854,00.html

I smoked all through my pregnancy, when people tried to judge I told them the baby would be smaller was the worst thing so bettter for me when my time came. didnt work though, he was almost 9 pounds

By the sounds of you, I'm sure it didn't even touch the sides.

Archived