Jersey Knows What Its Passed Over How Come The Iom Is Quiet?

manxchatterbox

if you don't pay tax then youve not earned enough so your on handouts and heading to the Sally Army....

For a start MCB, handouts don't come from Tax but from National Insurance and the Sally Army comes from donations. But I'll go with you whims if you want.

As I've been Self Employed since I was 21 and I'm now nearing 50, you can imagine I've some idea what Tax and NA is all about as I don't owe a penny and never have.

If I was you worry about my Tax payments it would be about how the Isle of Man Government seem to be wasting it hand over fist , in the Isle of Man without having to look anywhere else to see what they're doing.

I would imagine that I'm like most people here and We're just pure and simply hard working folk. All this crap about what's happening elsewhere will go straight over our heads until it might or does hit us in the Tax returns. Untill then, I think the best resort is to worry about what happens on the Isle of Man, don't you think. ;)

As for NI payments, don't get me started :)

Can anyone remember exactly what the alternative to levying a W/H tax was

You are right later - customers can either pay the 'retention tax' or the bank will simply pass on their account and interest details via our governmnet to the EU state of residence.

The reason the IOM has been quiet is that we have the same tax year as the UK and we haven't collected the tax yet. Jersey and Guernsey have a calendar tax year and were four months ahead of us.

Archived