The Usa Stands Ready To Stymie Internet Gambling

manxchatterbox

http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a...rollingnews.htm

how would such a development affect IOM e-gaming businesses???

The US has always banned online gambling so this is no news.

How will it affect the online gaming here and elsewhere?

Assuming you want US bets if it was up to me to find a solution I reckon its easy: you take online transactions for bets through a third party agent and not directly via a gaming website. You'll just have a gaming site fronted by another site which processes the VISA transactions.

Watch out for your extradition papers! :)

this about IOM co in today's FT:- If I was the Chief Executive I wouldn't at the moment be taking the risk

Neteller chief has 'no qualms' over trip to US

By Tom Braithwaite

Published: July 25 2006 03:00 | Last updated: July 25 2006 03:00

Ron Martin, chief executive of Neteller, insisted he will travel to the US in the coming days, in spite of concerns among executives with ventures supporting online gaming that they could become the target of US charges and arrest.

this about IOM co in today's FT:- If I was the Chief Executive I wouldn't at the moment be taking the risk

Neteller chief has 'no qualms' over trip to US

By Tom Braithwaite

Published: July 25 2006 03:00 | Last updated: July 25 2006 03:00

Ron Martin, chief executive of Neteller, insisted he will travel to the US in the coming days, in spite of concerns among executives with ventures supporting online gaming that they could become the target of US charges and arrest.

Neteller is a third party payment service, not a bookie - why should he be worried?

• 2 weeks later...
Neteller is a third party payment service, not a bookie - why should he be worried?

Paypal is accepted by some bookies also, so would the US be taking paypal and their parent compant eBay to court too?

Archived