At Last

Theskeat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if Theskeat is the person Ans and others says he is then he is NOT one of the accused. There are only two people on charges, Mrs Corkill and Mr Kelly.

I actually hope justice is served here. Will wait and see.

I actually hope justice is served here. Will wait and see...

...but will not hold our breath?

Theskeat Posted Today, 06:35 AM

3 years of shit on the forums is a long time.

There was actually close to 100% support in the beginning, but the constant whingeing and determination to publish whatever you wanted - without any regard for the forum or its future - has eroded a lot of it.

No I won't hold my breath Lonan3, I'd have been very blue in the face if I'd held it all this time.

....and I'd agree with you that FCMR lost most of the support he had here through his own fault.

Will await the outcome of this trial with baited, not held, breath.

There was actually close to 100% support in the beginning, but the constant whingeing and determination to publish whatever you wanted - without any regard for the forum or its future - has eroded a lot of it.

....and I'd agree with you that FCMR lost most of the support he had here through his own fault.

Well in the opnion of you two and probably others but certainly not me and I would have to wonder what sort of support it was. Financial? Moral? Useful? Or just anonymous posters on an internet forum.... The press coverage has been "patchy" to say the least and I have received lots of information from here and other sources that I might otherwise have never known about.

The only thing that really concerned me about the posts was the "trial by internet" they were so keen to try and promote earlier e.g. "Chief Minister Hits Out At Threats!" and all the rest of the bs - pathetic. But who knows how they might have talked it up in court?

Let's not forget that G C Construction have yet to be paid for the work they did. Three years down track and they're STILL waiting for the Criminal Case to finish so they can then pursue the Civil Case to get the dosh they are owed for doing the work in the first place. THREE YEARS FFS! If I was owed thousands for that length of time I think I would feel just cause to whinge as well. I would also have to wonder how it has taken so long to get this far....

MR - On the first day of her trial, Julie Corkill has faced three extra charges. One is for dishonestly obtaining £47,000 by deception from the Department of Tourism and Leisure. The second and third are for dishonestly producing documents.

Mrs Corkill's advocate, Dawn Jones, said they might make an application to stay proceedings under abuse of process, as they had been told no further action would be taken with regard to the further charges.

How very interesting with some far reaching ramifications for both sides. I wonder where this is going....

Mrs Corkill's advocate, Dawn Jones, said they might make an application to stay proceedings under abuse of process, as they had been told no further action would be taken with regard to the further charges.

How very interesting with some far reaching ramifications for both sides. I wonder where this is going....

Another adjournment by the sound of it

PK - I never said he'd lost my support but from what I'd seen he has lost the support of a lot of the posters here who were originally sympathetic to his case.

I know which side I believe and I hope that GC Construction get the justice I believe they deserve.

I also hope that the case does not get adjourned again. 3 years is far too long.

And Slim, I would hope that it costs the government nothing. If the case is proven then costs should go against the guilty. Why should it cost the government?

Because costs isn't anything like teh actual costs. There'll be a stack of police time, of AG's chambers time, government advocates time, court time. Only a fraction of this is covered if you're awarded costs. Plus the cost of the advocates for the various folks involved, the total price tag must be way over the original grants?

Take a look at what an advocate actually costs and what you'll be awarded if you win, they dont stack.

Archived