At Last

Theskeat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, not at all. Having been PV'd to Cabinet level I find it somewhat amusing that "high horse" ans seems to think there is a correlation between personal vetting and criminal court cases as far as "previous" goes.

"Everyone knows Nosher. He's just done three years in Parkhurst. He's as honest as the day is long and you can trust him."

But then I do have a sense of humour...

I think you'll find it does. The Manx Act as far as I am aware is the same as the UK Act. There are only certain cases where you have to disclose fully (ie. if your applying for a gov job that requires a Police check you can't rely on your general right to not disclose spent convictions - you have to disclose everything that is material). I'm pretty sure its the same in the UK as well.

You are absolutely correct. I did my own research into this last year when I had to undergo security vetting. Regardless of that, in an Manx or UK court they have full access to your criminal history. Why on Earth anyone would think that is not important information for a court to have in a criminal case is incredible really. Granted it seems a little irrelevant in this instance (if people are to be believed) but it has to be a binary status, there's no room for discretion.

Take a close look at the UK law, to bring up a criminal record after nearly 40 years would never happen.

Example UK absolute discharge 6 months in the manx courts they are still giving it as a criminal conviction after 10 years, this would be a classic case of Human rights violation in the UK, but not here , why we have not got the balls to tackle the establishment, you only have to take a look at the min wage laws on the IOM and the ways the big firms get around it.

Damn I missed the parade!

Heyyy Mr Declan, there will be another parade and you can can come along to trhat one and put away your long face and tell us some stories like you used to do because sometimes we need a little break from party and it would be good to listen to a story again

And last night there was Mr Unisol and a load of his mates outside The Prospect pub waiting for the Carnival Parade so you can join the next one when it go.

And the Party on roof top of Bank is going to have people from Tower Insurance along and whilst they are partying we will go into building and say "Hey Mr Stacey can we paint it black inside with a telephone box and football machine and make it back to Bushy pub again" and Mr Stacey say "hey, what the heck why not" and so we will have Bushy pub back as it was and this will make everyone happy and no need to sit at desk and go tap tap on computer looking at numbers all day.

So you see there are lots of good plans afoot!

Take a close look at the UK law

Shame you dont live in the UK then isn't it.

And what other country would allow a defendant to get a court order preventing a witness from giving evidence to the police or courts against them

Take a close look at the UK law

Shame you dont live in the UK then isn't it.

And what other country would allow a defendant to get a court order preventing a witness from giving evidence to the police or courts against them

Is it Belgium? They are sneaky those Belgians

I see from MR that it seems that the building firm was run by and employed criminals. No wonder things went pear shaped.

On the Isle of Man any criminal conviction you have stays with you for life, not like in the UK >Rehabitation of Criminals act< after a period of time a conviction is spent.

If you are charged with an driving offence on the Island, appear in court and given an absolute discharge your still classed as a criminal, But having a piss behind a wall almost forty years ago and being fined £6.00 is a case of grasping at straws.

Edit to add, parking fines are also classed as a criminal act, so if you get a ticket pay it or your classed as a bad person for the rest of your life.

Are we actually talking about the same thing, here?

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.as...ticleID=1647755

Mrs Jones read out his criminal record, which included assault and drink driving convictions, as well as a charge of obtaining goods without paying before leaving.

Wait, you don't actually expect the truth on here from him do you? He's been using this forum to put himself in a good light and present selective morsels of information to enhance the public's sympathy towards him for over two years now. I don't see why at this late stage you expect any different.

Archived