At Last

Theskeat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the papers reported a packed public gallery, they should really have said "there were no more than twelve members of the public in the gallery". (Court 2 has less than 12 seats for the public)

Apparently the packed public gallery was down to three by lunch-time on the second day.

Now . . . . . when they used to do hangings in Castletown, not all that long ago, Castletown Square was packed with people from all corners of the Island.

Just a mo chaps, not arguing for either side, but court proceedings ARE, and should be, public. It is one of the vestiges left to an open society. To quote (badly): "justice should not only be done, but should be SEEN to be done". (There should be a "manifestly" and something else in there, but...)

So I don't go along with the accusations of "les tricoteuse" , but that is the right of the public, just as it is the right of the accused to stand a fair trial.

Now, how that openness is used is a different matter.

Remember when threads like this used to be pages and pages long? Now it's just FCMR bumping it himself. Way to go champ.

I am sure Ans that if FCMR is proved right over this whole sorry affair YOU will be the first in a long line of doubters, abusers etc to offer your humble apologies just as if he is wrong you will again be one of the first to vilifie him.

Remember when threads like this used to be pages and pages long? Now it's just FCMR bumping it himself. Way to go champ.

I am sure Ans that if FCMR is proved right over this whole sorry affair YOU will be the first in a long line of doubters, abusers etc to offer your humble apologies just as if he is wrong you will again be one of the first to vilifie him.

Anyone remeber what the original accusation was in the first place...thats the problem with this case..familiarity breeds contempt. I'm sure no matter what the outcome people will still find something to complain about!!

I don't give a shit who wins, that's never been my source of irritation. So no, I wont be apologising to anyone because I've never once said that I think he's wrong. Nor will I villify him if he loses, but you'll forgive me if have a small chuckle to myself.

Something tells me that FCMR will have difficulty in conducting himself with dignity no matter what the outcome. I'd be delighted to be wrong about that but he doesn't strike me as a gracious winner or loser.

I don't give a shit who wins, that's never been my source of irritation. So no, I wont be apologising to anyone because I've never once said that I think he's wrong. Nor will I villify him if he loses, but you'll forgive me if have a small chuckle to myself.

Of course you won't villify him if he loses. You villify him as a matter of course, which is why win or lose makes no difference to you.

I'm sure you'll forgive me if if I have a small chuckle to myself at the thought of all that public funding plus if it goes the distance Julie Corkill's legal bill will probably top £100K - all paid for by your taxes as she is receiving Legal Aid.

Keep smiling sweetie - I know I will...

Archived