At Last

Theskeat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Julie Corkill's legal bill will probably top £100K - all paid for by your taxes as she is receiving Legal Aid.

First time i've commented on this but How can she be entitled to legal aid ?

That is just plain wrong.

Edit to say should read thread but very hard when your bottom jaw is on the floor..

I would have thought planning permission would be needed for a treehouse, no matter how big it was.

It might come under the same class as a garden shed - a temporary structure. These don't seem to need planning permission

Who needs RSS, eh?

????? :whatever:

I assume you have a vague idea what RSS is, what it does, and therefore understand the meaning of my quip?

If not, feel free to ask before resorting to such childish retailiation.

I had you down as more astute than that. After all some folks must be under enormous pressure.

I'm surprised that the commerce side of the tourist industry haven't complained about Ballacain. If it is being used for tenancy rather than tourism then the taxes they have paid to boost their tourist economy have been distributed under false pretences. Five units from £260 per week each - it's a pretty penny they are trousering NOT to boost your tourist industry. However if it is being let out to genuine tourists who regularly rotate then fair enough. So what's the scoop?

I would have thought planning permission would be needed for a treehouse, no matter how big it was.

DoLGE website doesn't have anything that jumps out of the screen about tree houses needing planning permission.

I know that decking requires permission if the deck is more than 0.3m above the ground and sheds need permission if their overall height excedes 2.5m and/or their footprint excedes 15sq.m

In the case of decking planning permission ensures that the deck and supports are capable of supporting itself and likely weight during regular usage. Logically these concerns would/should also apply to an elevated playhouse.

In August 2005 a tree house in Church Close, Laxey was ordered to be removed because it had an "adverse effect on neighbours". The Manx Radio article opens with the words

The Government has ordered that a children's tree house, built without planning permission, be dismantled.
I haven't been able to find a direct reference to play/tree houses.

I had you down as more astute than that. After all some folks must be under enormous pressure.
PK, I was boring the pants off anyone who listened with my theories and links to Commisioners Minutes that supported the case against the Corkills when the local media were still 'umming and arghing' as to what they dare publish.

I posted a comment in humour (There is a Forum test of RSS feeds going on at the moment and there have been messages that the 'New Posts' page is being swamped.. see the connection?). In 'my' opinion the response was offensive.

If anyone is bothered to read it, all you might need to know about Legal Aid on the Isle of Man From IoM Examiner in April this year. "Which Way Forward For Manx Legal Aid System"

post-187-1152963994_thumb.jpg

The other 3 parts of the article are here:

Lower left

lower right

top right

I have never heard of this thing caled 'Representation' and wonder if anyone has any further information about it?

Can the claim of 'receiving Legal Aid' be proven?

Document (pdf): Legal Aid for Criminal Matters.

Edited: Use the above link for the full version

Legal Aid for criminal matters is designed to financially assist members of the public who have been

charged with a criminal offence and are unable to afford the services of an Advocate.

To determine whether or not an applicant is financially eligible the appropriate officer will complete a

means test in which sources of income and expenditure/outgoings are considered.

INCOME

Earnings: Applicants must supply wage slips for the last three months/12 weeks, these are averaged

out over a year to give a weekly sum.

Spouse earnings - as above.

State Benefits: the weekly amount received is sought e.g. unemployment benefit, child benefit etc.

Money from Property: the weekly amount (before deductions) of money from a letting house, flat or

rooms.

Any other Income: details and weekly amounts sought.

Capital and Savings: Property: If house is owned - approximate selling price and amount of

any outstanding mortgage:

Savings: Details of savings, amounts. To include money in any bank,

building society, National Savings, cash, stocks and shares

and any other investments.

Items of Value: Details required of any article of value that applicant owns

(e.g. jewelley, furs, paintings) and their approx. value.

if it goes the distance Julie Corkill's legal bill will probably top £100K - all paid for by your taxes as she is receiving Legal Aid.

..and why is she receiving Legal Aid???

THE LOOPHOLE

You don't have to meet any financial conditions to qualify for Advocacy Assistance, except if it's a prison hearing.

The other type of help is called Representation. It covers representation by a solicitor and, if necessary, by a barrister in criminal cases.You'll usually get help with representation in a criminal case, as long as it's in the interests of justice that you are legally represented. This means, for example.if you are likely to go to prison or lose your job if you are convicted.

Representation does not cover minor offences such as motoring offences.

Your financial circumstances will not be taken into account when deciding whether you qualify for Representation. However, if your case goes to the Crown Court, you could be ordered to pay towards the costs of Representation if the judge believes this would be reasonable. Your financial circumstances will be taken in account when deciding if it is reasonable for you to pay.

Who needs RSS, eh?

????? :blush:

You really are a daft cunt. This information is clearly about England and Wales

Archived