At Last

Theskeat

Bless, is PK still posting obsessively about me?

He so clearly wants you sexually.

Ahhhh bless. It's like watching an old married couple supporting one another in the pension queue at the Post Office....

Win or lose, the terribly unflattering things said about Mrs Corkill are probably the ones that will stick in the public psyche. I wonder how it will affect hubbies standing? From what I have understood of this whole sorry affair he has more front than Harrods. Time will tell I suppose.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The defence advocate was not that clever,

Carter Jones McDonald.

Opinions vary about the quality of this practice, I think they do a good job, but I dont think it is too easy, anyhow, to find Island advocates willing to undertake legal aid work in criminal cases.

Dawn Jones is probably as sharp as any advocate available on the Island.

edited to avoid misunderstanding!

Carter Jones McDonald.

FYO Dawn Jones works for Jones Taubitz.

Perhaps OT a little but . . .

In case anyone is interested, I worked as a sub-contractor on the Island for a large multi-national civil engineering company.

I filled in my timesheets weekly.

On the basis of that I always got paid at the end of the month whether I had submitted an invoice or not.

Circumstances/time did not always mean that I actually invoiced monthly. Every now and again the boss would ask me to put in my invoices and I would do so, perhaps 6 monthly invoices at a time.

Quite normal.

Everyone perfectly happy.

summary court, no jury, gives old boys act the chance to close ranks ! most people will opt for trial by jury if they have a good case for a NG verdict.

Most of defence stuff so far seems like a smokescreen to discredit witnesses, usual tactic when nothing else available.

And you think the UK ain't interested in how we run our affairs our kid? - you can bet your left knacker they will be after this farce and the others cases that are bubbling under and yet to emerge.

Our Kid? Where the fuck do you think we are? Moss Side?

And, yes, I do think that the UK (press and politicians) ain't that interested. Me thinks they have plenty of their own problems to deal with before they meddle with others. So, come on, put your money where your mouth is, I'll bet £500 with you right now, that whatever the outcome of this case, there will be no ramifications in, or intervention from Westminster. Also, that any press reports will be blown over as quick as they arrive.

You can call whatever amount you want(blah......blah...I bet you a million quid.....blah....blah) , but I think a monkey is a realistic enough amount to indicate both seriousness, and a willingness to pay out........

So, as Noel would say....Deal or No Deal?

To work on the new prison you have to get vetted by the police and will not be allowed to be on site if you have a previous criminal record.

According to the prosecution witness in this case he was given the access card to government offices and he has a previous criminal record. :lol:

And you think the UK ain't interested in how we run our affairs our kid? - you can bet your left knacker they will be after this farce and the others cases that are bubbling under and yet to emerge.

And, yes, I do think that the UK (press and politicians) ain't that interested. Me thinks they have plenty of their own problems to deal with before they meddle with others. So, come on, put your money where your mouth is, I'll bet £500 with you right now, that whatever the outcome of this case, there will be no ramifications in, or intervention from Westminster. Also, that any press reports will be blown over as quick as they arrive.

You can call whatever amount you want(blah......blah...I bet you a million quid.....blah....blah) , but I think a monkey is a realistic enough amount to indicate both seriousness, and a willingness to pay out........

:o On-line gambling!! Stop at once!!!!!!!!!!!

To work on the new prison you have to get vetted by the police and will not be allowed to be on site if you have a previous criminal record.

According to the prosecution witness in this case he was given the access card to government offices and he has a previous criminal record. :lol:

Oh no he's been able to get into Government Office and see them all drinking coffee and booking holidays on the internet!!! Sorry, couldn't resist - this is serious as you say, but nothing will be done and you know it. Perhaps the new Tynwald Senechal should look into it, it would give him something to do for his money!

"Our kid" is a scouse phrase, no?

followed by .............

a neatly encapsulated piece of cockney slang.

Just where the f*** do you think we are? East End of London?

Carter Jones McDonald.

FYO Dawn Jones works for Jones Taubitz.

Im obviously out of date. Thanks for the news.

Circumstances/time did not always mean that I actually invoiced monthly. Every now and again the boss would ask me to put in my invoices and I would do so, perhaps 6 monthly invoices at a time.

Quite normal.

Everyone perfectly happy.

Seems reasonable to me provided the invoices are eventually submitted and properly referenced.

I would say the defence are struggling a little based only on what I have gleaned from the local newspapers.

Archived