At Last

Theskeat

I heard tonight but not confirmed that Mr Kelly one of the builders who was being questioned today has been taken into hospital this evening.

Maybe something like this (if confirmed) will put this whole sorry affair into perspective.

HEART ATTACK :(

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally would not wish harm to Him or anyone and hope that if this is the case, I would like give my best wishes to Mr Kelly and his family in their times of trouble.

God Bless and I hope your Family fares well.

I heard tonight but not confirmed that Mr Kelly one of the builders who was being questioned today has been taken into hospital this evening.

Maybe something like this (if confirmed) will put this whole sorry affair into perspective.

HEART ATTACK :(

I am extremely sorry to read this.

This morning's Manx Radio news headline about duty to workers in the heat followed by Will Kelly being in this witness stand for 6 hours yesterday.

20060719_MR_0730_News.mp3

The court room air conditioning was apparently ineffective and an inadequate cheap fan was replaced, on the advice of one of the Deemsters apparently, with a big air conditioning unit that seemed no better and was commented as such by the defence advocate.

I am not surprised that Mr Kelly had a heart attack. Under such enormous stress for such a long time in an inadequate court house. It is a long time to stand. Apparently witnesses were told to stand unless they have a medical condition.

From my experiences of the legal 'profession' on this Island, I am sorry to suggest that there will indeed be whoops all round from the defence camp.

I wish Will Kelly a full and speedy recovery.

Our Kid? Where the fuck do you think we are? Moss Side?

followed by .............

You can call whatever amount you want(blah......blah...I bet you a million quid.....blah....blah) , but I think a monkey is a realistic enough amount to indicate both seriousness, and a willingness to pay out........

a neatly encapsulated piece of cockney slang.

Just where the f*** do you think we are? East End of London?

Oh, come on LW, did your irony meter miss that one?

Way to go champ.

Anyway, still no deal...........

Just wondering. Could it be that ignoring reasonable health & safety issues - by requiring witnesses to stand in what was exceptional heat and with apparently inadequate ventilation/air conditioning - could this leave the Courts of Justice open to a claim for compensation?

This is terrible! I syncerely hope Mr Kelly makes a full recovery for his and his family's sake and also for the sake of the case because it would be awful if because Mr Kelly couldn't give his evidence the whole thing collapsed. Could someone else give evidence for him?

Just wondering. Could it be that ignoring reasonable health & safety issues - by requiring witnesses to stand in what was exceptional heat and with apparently inadequate ventilation/air conditioning - could this leave the Courts of Justice open to a claim for compensation?

Good point - I bet they'll get the air con fixed for when Mrs C gives her evidence ;) Poor Mr Kelly as if he hasn't had enough!

Hope it's nothing too serious and get well soon.

The Courts are a ridiculous design. Having a south-easterly facing window (at the main entrance) of that size is simply ridiculous when there's no ventilation / air con on the foyers or in the Courts themselves.

Good point - I bet they'll get the air con fixed for when Mrs C gives her evidence ;) Poor Mr Kelly as if he hasn't had enough!

A sweltering court with a clearly defunct/deficient ventilation system.

From all accounts, despite his calm and clear manner, Mr Kelly was looking very red as the day went on. It was obvious this was something other than a flush.

Not once

Not once

Not once was Mr Kelly asked if he was ok to continue despite the extended stressful situation he was under. Anyone should have been asked how they felt in such extreme circumstances.

Would you believe that first thing this morning there was one of Stuarty Clague's lads up a ladder trying to fix the ventilation in the waiting area!!

That is disgraceful, I hope Mr Kelly gets well soon. I can not help but feel as though he was let to get ill in the court, wonder if H&S would've passed comment?

Mrs Corkill must feel quite terrible. My post would be deleted if I wrote what I was thinking about those pair of, well, what ever they think they ares.

My very best wishes to Mr Kelly for a speedy recovery.

Archived