Car Tax Going Up

manxchatterbox

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good move, I've just downsized ;)

What - no more landrover?

Are there L R Anonymous meetings in the Island?

no no no no ! that's only a 2.5L, and it's the toolbox for work, ~ it's the 3.5 wot's gone !

now just a 2.4 but faster and sleeker :)

just a thought, why do you pay road tax for off-roaders ?????? ;)

no no no no ! that's only a 2.5L, and it's the toolbox for work, ~ it's the 3.5 wot's gone !

now just a 2.4 but faster and sleeker :)

Don't worry - we know where you live, I'll come round and check in October.

good move, I've just downsized ;)

What - no more landrover?

Are there L R Anonymous meetings in the Island?

Oh dear - it's that swiss air - it's getting to you....

FFS, why not be totally arbitrary and say £2,260 or £3,260 after all the government in the isle of man really needs more money doesnt it, with 700 DOT workers to pay (at least 5 to dig and stand around each hole in the road)....

..and some not digging at all, but instead reading their newspaper while parked on a double yellow close to a main road junction :

post-1086-1152780160_thumb.jpgpost-1086-1152780195_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1152780204_thumb.jpgpost-1086-1152780214_thumb.jpg

Taken around 8.30 this morning - wasn't sure if to post them, but I guess if you do something silly like that, it's only fair to get caught out...

and if you've a car with an engine of 1200cc or less its being proposed the tax is reduced by 7.69% ....and my car was first registered in 1975 and only costs £5 too....

You scabbing bastard. Are you on the dole or something? Can't you afford proper taxes?

Taken around 8.30 this morning - wasn't sure if to post them, but I guess if you do something silly like that, it's only fair to get caught out...

I have a picture of two coppers snoozing in a car in the middle of the day on Kensington Road that I'd love to post but wouldn't want to wake up in a Smeale Concentration Camp tomorrow.

votes just called were 14 for and 5 against in Keys and 8 for and 1 against by the MLC's - motion passed - hard luck if you have a vehicle over 3500cc keep a smile on your face if its engine is 1200cc or less :-)

Any idea when this will come into effect, I know someone with a 4 litre car, and their tax runs out end of August. If this will be introduced during August then it would be cheaper for them to get their tax now.

votes just called were 14 for and 5 against in Keys and 8 for and 1 against by the MLC's - motion passed - hard luck if you have a vehicle over 3500cc keep a smile on your face if its engine is 1200cc or less :-)

What's the rate for < 1200cc asks the smug Metro City 1000 driver?

So, who's shadowing who?

THE London congestion charge will treble for large 4x4s and other fuel-hungry cars, under plans by Ken Livingstone to penalise vehicles with high levels of carbon dioxide emissions.

The Mayor of London is proposing a discount on the £8 rate for “greener” cars but an increase to £25 for “environmentally damaging” vehicles. The top rate would apply to any vehicle emitting more than 225g of CO2 a kilometre (g/km), including the Range Rover, Toyota Land Cruiser and some versions of the Renault Espace and BMW 5-series

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2268154,00.html

Ive always had a problem with engine size pays more -

I own a 2000cc that returns about 35-38mpg and its got a carb, not injected.

My wife owns a 1600cc that returns 40+mpg.

My Dad hired a 1250cc that returned less than 30mpg from new!

Which one of those was less efficient and is eating up the planet.

the debate is underway in Tynwald right now on MR MW1368...just heard Phil Braidwood saying there will be a new category for private vehicles with engines over 3500cc whereas the duty at the moment is £184 it will be in a new band and at a rate of £260 an increase of £76 or 41.3% - hope none of the forum members have the luxury of such big engined vehicles...then again if you can afford a Chelsea Tractor to run the kids to school in you will be able to afford the tax....

They should go higher.

Anyone who can afford to run a 3500cc + car at £1.03 per litre can pay at least £500 to tax it in my book. I'm sick of 4 x 4 driving morons - if you need one for business or its a classic or something thats not in full time use fair enough otherwise its just plain ignorant lugging some 2 ton gas guzzler around Manx roads and taking up two parking spaces. In town a 4.0 Range Rover averages about 12/15 mpg so if you can afford to fuel it you can afford to pay £500 to tax it.

That said if they're converted to LPG they should be ratcheting the tax cost down due to the lower/zero emission status.

. I'm sick of 4 x 4 driving morons -

Just remember that next time you see a Mitsubishi Pajero you can smile in a knowing way as "Pajero" is a slang Spanish word for "Wanker". We have a neighbour with one. I smile at him and give his car a look of admiration .Little does he know what I am thinking :rolleyes:

Some cars say more about their drivers than others !!!

Archived