Justice At Its Best

Theskeat

Not so long ago a Copper got 6 months for a £100000+ fraud this week a single mother trying to feed her kids gets 4 months for a £13000 fraud, maybe she was was not a member of the club.

post-2146-1152825655_thumb.jpg

In my opinion she should have been given five years.

Really.

The police man was found guilt of a crime. Six months and the total loss of his career seems about right to me.

The woman was guilty of a crime. The crime that she committed was against all tax payers and it must be made clear to the many people who might be tempted to try the same simply not to be worth the price that they will have to pay if discovered.

Justice in MY opinion would have been better served if, as I previously wrote, she had been handed down five years.

Since when was someone defrauding the DHSS news worthy? Anyway, lets see if other people who have done fraud against the tax payers get similar treatment, no need to mention any names, you know who I mean.

I fail to see how a person who is joint signatory on a document is not equally responsible for that to which the document refers. That is beyond bizarre.

BTW, didn’t she look old and haggard in the picture in the paper!

Very true to life I thought!

My understanding of the case about the copper is that he had taken out loans from banks, which he had then not used all of the money for the stated purpose of the loan.

For example if you were to take out a loan for £10K for a new car, and then only spent £8K of it on the car, and spent the other £2K on a holiday.

This is counted as fraud, and in his position he should have probably know better, but I wonder how many others have had loans and done something similiar, without having criminal proceedings brought against them

I also understand that the loans were paid back to the financial institutions within the proper and agreed time frames.

Sounds to me that he actually got prosecuted because he was a copper, they probably wouldn't have bothered or be interested in Joe public.

Just telling you what I know, but to my knowledge that was not one of the charges that he was found guilty of.

I wouldn't really like to comment too much on this for fear of getting other facts wrong in regards to the other charges that were dropped, but he was prosecuted for incorrect use of loans (I'm sure there is an official name for the offence, but I don't know it).

Just telling you what I know, but to my knowledge that was not one of the charges that he was found guilty of.

I wouldn't really like to comment too much on this for fear of getting other facts wrong in regards to the other charges that were dropped, but he was prosecuted for incorrect use of loans (I'm sure there is an official name for the offence, but I don't know it).

Gaining pecuniary advantage by deception?

Archived