Songs That Make You Go Hmmmmmmm......

thebees

What songs/tunes make you dance yer bestsist, right by the bass bins??

My all time best first hear of a tune that made me go hmmmmm was @ Picassos, Sasha played Orbital - the one with the horns off the brown album.

The latest fave dancing songs being Mo's Radiohead 'Evertything' one and the Beyonce D&B one - @ Laxey.

Off topicish...

GOMH, please do you have Ian Ossia @ the Acad? I've just remembered a good little mix, I thought it was the greatest, Young MC and 'that other song', who did that? was it you or those Rude lot from Bolton? Where are they these days?

I always did like that dueling banjoes as it kinda makes me kick me heels in the dust a bit.

No need for base bins ither!!!!!

O, and I wont tell you about who I was with and the party afterwords!!!!!

The latest fave dancing songs being Mo's Radiohead 'Evertything' one and the Beyonce D&B one - @ Laxey.

that'll be HYbrids mix of Everything in its right place, and Peshay's crazy in love bootleg, both very awesome tunes.

lately, tunes that've blown me away are "lick the frog" by lee coombs, and the new armand van helden one "my,my,my". i'm usually on the other side of the bassbins though!

Im with you on that one Shill I remember nice young Mr Sasha playing Higher States of Consciousness in Manumission in Ibiza in 1995 and it blew me away, quite literally!!!

There was also the time ace DJ Leaf playing Jam and Spoons 'Ride in the Night' at that 'livestock' all those moons ago... I shaked me little arse madly to that one...

...then there was Orbital belting out the theme to Dr Who at Glasto this year, sent the little hairs on the back of me neck standing to attention that did...

I predict that the next time I will have 'that feeling' hearing a tune will be when Dreamfish's latest version of 'Lonely soul' hits dance floors... a belter of a tune that is, and he made it just for me!!!

Edited to add the correct name for the me Bro's ace tune :blink:

i'm hearing that mission, freakin' ace song

can never beat a good bit of insomniac by faithless or underworld born slippey. breaks mix aswell is ace.

other music

redundant - greenDay always brings nice memories

anything by madness more notably you don't want to be in the room if One Step Beyond comes on.

human league - don't you want me

duran duran - the reflex (stand back also to any duran duran song as they are gods)

the hard house version of sweet dreams is pretty darn good

does anyone have the Bonkers mix of john farnhams - you're the voice.?

have been trying to find it for bladdy years with no look. it's basically the song with some bird singing it in old school happy hardcore mix surroundings.

• 2 weeks later...

Martyn - that is totally MAD, I was listening to Sweet Dreams when I thought of this thread, having an oldies moment and a lot of fun it was too. One Step Beyond is another song I 'dance mad to' I have a 9" of dont you want me somewhere....cool

Well as I'm sure anyone who's seen me when this song comes on can attest to, there's one song that turns me into a dancing fool ---- limbs flailing and no sense of time or space (I know what a lot of you are thinking - how is that different than any other time, Ashley? - well it is dammit!)

And that song is non other than Rennie Pilgrem - track no. 10 on Perfecto Breaks

My friends, dancing has never been the same for me.....

.......well, that and Islands in the Stream by the multi-talented Mr. Kenny Rogers and Miss Dolly Parton

'a little dab will do ya'

Archived