Straightliners Car Drag Event

ade

Some poeple may be unaware that Straightliners are over for this weekend at Jurby.

It is advertised as a bike drag, but it is also open to cars. The event takes place today (Friday), tomorrow and Sunday. If your times are good enough over either Fri. or Sat. you can make it into the eliminations for Sunday, but no new entries will be accepted on Sunday.

It is set over a quarter-mile and it is usually attended by quite a few people. Last year and the year before it was about £25 for unlimited runs, not too sure what the price is for this year but I would imagine it would be pretty similar to previous years.

I'll be heading up so if anyone sees a grey 3litre Z4 give me a shout.

Here's a piece from their forums:

Straightliners forums

And here was my effort 2 years ago:

Cheers,

Ade.

I will be there Saturday too. White Scooby with my forum name on the side so say hi ;)

Didn't see you up there dude. Saw the tart, Mark & Richard though.

Not many decent cars this year sadly.

Heading up now, not sure your scooby will outdrag my R1 but you never know.

The white OMA scoob up there would have shown your R1 a thing or two I suspect unless your bike is quite well modified, as it's pulling times in the mid 11s - very quick compared with quite a few of the bikes running today.

I'll be heading up so if anyone sees a grey 3litre Z4 give me a shout.

Would have done if I'd read this before I went up.

I have a video clip of a run between you and the vette if you want it. Not great quality but anyway....

Doh!

Ade - do you want me to stick that video online somewhere or email you it? About 1.34mb I think.

Just noticed I have a clip of your run against 200sx too if you want that as well.

I will be there Saturday too. White Scooby with my forum name on the side so say hi ;)

Didn't see you up there dude.

I think he had problems fitting the new powerflow exhaust on time :)

post-1086-1153731046_thumb.jpg

Didn't see you up there dude.

I think he had problems fitting the new powerflow exhaust on time :)

LOL, nice one Amadeus!

Couldn't make it Cret as I had an ill wife Saturday and a party Sunday :(

Cheers Cret, the 200sx clip would be appreciated. Mail it to abruce@ote.co.im if it's not a hassle.

BTW, I actually won the 14.30 class yesterday afternoon, against an Impreza first, then the gold Corvette in the final - get in!

Couldn't make it Cret as I had an ill wife Saturday and a party Sunday :(

Sorry to hear that dude - sure it wasn't because you were busy studying for flower arranging exams? ;o)

Cheers Cret, the 200sx clip would be appreciated. Mail it to abruce@ote.co.im if it's not a hassle.

BTW, I actually won the 14.30 class yesterday afternoon, against an Impreza first, then the gold Corvette in the final - get in!

Good stuff Ade - is your beemer in standard fettle or has it been modified at all?

What was your best time?

I would like to think that I might have a go next year all being well but that remains to be seen. My clutch is slipping badly under anything over 1 bar boost at the moment, but I'm scared of mangling my 17year old gearbox with the stress of 4wd launches to be honest.

Here's a link to the video - poor quality I'm afraid as my camera really doesn't like zoom with video. :(

Can email you it later if you like.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/Cre...rent=SXvsZ4.flv

Archived