Bnp Leaflets

mollag

Im saddened, BNP canvassing in Douglas, i returned the leaflets to the lad posting them, i didnt read them and he was courteous in accepting them back. They will wind us locals up with just the party name "BRITISH [national party" with its prominant Union Flag :(

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im saddened, BNP canvassing in Douglas, i returned the leaflets to the lad posting them, i didnt read them and he was courteous in accepting them back. They will wind us locals up with just the party name "BRITISH [national party" with its prominant Union Flag :(

Is there a Manx National Party ??? Or is that Mec Vannin ?

There have been Manx national style parties but not particularly of the extreme right, never fancied them myself.

I was making light of the Brit connection, it is the least of my problems with the extreme right i ironically find them rather sinister.

You have to wonder what they are hoping to ultimately achieve.

I know the BNP have increased in popularity in the UK simply because of all the immigration and asylum seekers and the 'taking all our jobs / benefits / houses' argument.

But you have to say that most people over here aren't going to be that interested are they?? Especially when the BNP have such extreme views at times.

There has been much grumbling about the ethnically diverse new residents on the island, but there has always been whinging about new residents, its a manx thing, i hope this does not relate to BNP votes though cos i would not like that at all :(

Very much so in my experience, i have never agreed with it, even as a lad, i was raised by a very liberal manx father, i believe i owe him a lot.

This may seem strange now but in my teens there were people who would not talk to me cos i knocked around with non manx mates, ie scousers from the Packet.

For myself i believe what we see today on the Island is an echo of what happened in the rest of the world yesterday, we cant live in a time capsule so go with the flow and accept the innevitable.

I suppose you can have a lot of your 'views' on life moulded by your parents, even though I am Manx a lot of the Manx people I work with have very different views on island issues and at times I am surprised at how negative/close minded they are.

Variety is the spice of life as they say !!

I got my leaflets and such today too.

I loved the way they tried to potray themselves as normal people in the photo, when all I saw was a Phil Mitchell lookalike in the middle of a sea of old men, a token woman and a chav girl that was probably someone's daughter. Where are the teenagers and young adults they're so desperate to recruit? They're doing a poor job of trying to get the audience to identify with them.

And never trust anything that over uses the words 'clearly, simply, extremely, basically and quite'. Or people who start sentences with conjunctions (irony, you berks)

"I suppose you can have a lot of your 'views' on life moulded by your parents, even though I am Manx a lot of the Manx people I work with have very different views on island issues and at times I am surprised at how negative/close minded they are."

How's the weather up there on the moral highground?

Wasn't this thread about some scumbag pitching up from the Mainland spreading his racist bullshit?

BNP... Do we really need or want that kinda thing on Island?

Sorry ermo I wasn't trying to gain the moral highground at all and am in no way condoning BNP at all.

All I was referring to was mollags post of being an 'outcast' in some respects as he hung out with scousers from the packet.

I hate all what the BNP stands for and will use their leaflets for some kindling.

Sorry ermo I wasn't trying to gain the moral highground at all and am in no way condoning BNP at all.

All I was referring to was mollags post of being an 'outcast' in some respects as he hung out with scousers from the packet.

I hate all what the BNP stands for and will use their leaflets for some kindling.

No worries... don't mind me... I've got a right one on me today.. must be the excellent weather

Archived