Zune Me Up...

Amadeus

Took'em a while, but the dark side has now announced their own mp3 player, called Zune

Microsoft takes on Apple with Zune digital player

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Microsoft Corp. officials for the first time have confirmed that the software giant is readying a portable music player and integrated service, shedding new light on a topic that has fueled rampant speculation in news reports and blog postings for weeks.

In an exclusive first interview with Billboard, Chris Stephenson, Microsoft's new GM of marketing for MSN Entertainment Business, says the company will later this year launch Zune, an umbrella brand for what he says is "a family of hardware and software products" targeting various digital entertainment services.......

I guess that will be another "throw everything but the kitchen sink at it" marketing campaign - not sure if they can beat the ipod...

The domain race has already started, though, with the best names gone in minutes - unbelievable how quick this has gotten. Zune.im is for sale as well - someone was quick there, and it wasn't me (sadly...)

Archived