Camping

dooahhdoo

I want to take the kids camping for a weekend soon but wondered if anyone knew any great little places to go? I don't fancy any of the camp sites like Glen Whyllan (spl) or Sulby Claddaghs. If a camp fire was allowed that would be even better.

no tents of fires permited at smeale. stupid i know, a warden patrols the area to enforce.

Laxey gets my vote. school play ground next door, pubs a plenty and showers and power hook up available also kitchen with fridges etc to keep your beer cold. No fire permited but if you get one of those chiminea type things they do the trick with no damage to the grass.

take a hike up carraghan or anywhere in baldwin, find a suitable spot on a fire break in a plantation kids can play around the reservoir, make sure you dig a hole for the fire tho.

tholty is good too, ground is nice and soft in plantations! camping isnt permitted tho but just leave it as you found it.

no tents of fires permited at smeale. stupid i know, a warden patrols the area to enforce.

Since when haven't tents been allowed at smeale? I know you're not allowed fires but we normally camp there.

There's also something else on their land, however I won't tell you about it, if you find it you will know, and if they tell you about it then they can choose to, however I understand they try to keep it a secret. Anyone who has guessed what I'm talking about (fairly obvious), then keep Mum.

I've guessed what it is, they have a toilet now right?

We always go to the point of ayre... kids love it... sand dunes, beach, sea and grass.. we spend all weekend up there and the kids are never bored.

We go to the lighthouse and turn left then keep going along the track next to the beach, it brings you out to some camping spots.

You can also have a fire which is definately a plus.

Have fun :)

Archived