Accident In Onchan

THRILLER

I was in Onchan today and came across an accident, there was a green pug, a snapped in half traffic lightand police. people at the scene said the old women was hurt and very shaken and had been taken of to hossy, The marks on the road looked like it had been bad and the pug was a right mess.

When i got home i was told it was a staged accident and had been set up as a practice and was meant to look real. But im not convinced cus the staff at the CO-OP said they heard it and one was outside at the time,skid marks on road, the marks were on the wall across the road, the damaged car and a traffic light broken in half, people shouting at traffic warden cus their bus was diverted and werent told.

Can anyone tell me if it was staged or if it was actually real, if it was staged then i would like to say well done to the emergancy services as it was so convincing.

not like the Essex council who decided to carry out a road traffic survey a couple of weeks ago, 7am to 6pm, asking drivers questions etc., and left a 11 mile tailback in 36ºC temps, and wouldn't stop doing it when asked by Police.

.. that's what I call staged, or more like Dick Turpin, a hold-up on the highway :(

I was in Onchan today and came across an accident, there was a green pug, a snapped in half traffic lightand police. people at the scene said the old women was hurt and very shaken and had been taken of to hossy, The marks on the road looked like it had been bad and the pug was a right mess.

What's a pug? What happened?

Elderly woman injured in crash

An elderly woman has been taken to Nobles Hospital with suspected fractures following a crash in Onchan earlier today.

Inspector Derek Flint of the Roads Policing Unit said investigators have now completed their work at the scene of the collision,which happened mid morning and involved 2 vehicles.

Department of Transport engineers are carrying out repairs to traffic lights in the Main Road area that were damaged by the injured woman's car.

Energy FM

Apparantly the peugeot came down avondale round, turned left at the lights, mounted the pavement, hit a parked or stopped car with a male driver in it, luckily it seems he wasnt hurt; and somehow the traffic lights were knocked down...

It was a good job there were no kids on the pavement...

Apparantly the peugeot came down avondale round, turned left at the lights, mounted the pavement, hit a parked or stopped car with a male driver in it, luckily it seems he wasnt hurt; and somehow the traffic lights were knocked down...

It was a good job there were no kids on the pavement...

How on earth did she manage that?, Musr have been going quick to knock down a traffic light.

No national speed limit will stop things like this happening eithier.

Hope shes ok and everything but i really don't understand how that happened!

She was in a new car as well, and it was pretty bad, fortunately no pedestrians knocked over. Not sure if she blacked out or something. - she came round off avondale and clipped the curb outside the co-op and ended up by the elm tree. Bless, I hope shes ok. Traffic lights were still out at 6pm tonight...

Archived