Newsbot

Deejay Denzel

I don't see much in response to newsbot items....

A lot of people don't seem to understand that they're normal topics and see them as announcements not to be commented on.

Looks like there's some work to be done to get RSS feeds integrated so everyone is happy. I'll have a play with it again.

I can't see why commenting on these is a bad idea.

This discourages duplicate threads arising, and stops MCB posting his own versions of these 'headlines' which are often difficult to decipher. Headlined by a journalist somewhere...at least newsbot is straight to the point, easy to to decipher, and much easier to identify/research the source(s).

All in all I'm for them. You don't have to read them, you know it is an automatically generated thing (a bit like MCB who operates on knee jerk) and you can add comments if the topic is of any interest.

Kind of understand the point about clogging up the Local News, but the only other option is to give it its own area which will probably mean most people won't bother looking at it. Is there any merit in combining all Newsbot posts into one daily thread? If anyone feels like commenting on any news item, they can start their own thread.

Archived