B B C Jobs - Based At Manx Radio

manxchatterbox

am thinking of applying.. does anyone know who you apply to and where and who interviews you and who decides if you get the job - someone from the BBC or Manx Radio vet the apllications?? also are they looking for a bit of young flesh with TV appeal rather than something a bit older ???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
am thinking of applying.. does anyone know who you apply to and where and who interviews you and who decides if you get the job - someone from the BBC or Manx Radio vet the apllications?? also are they looking for a bit of young flesh with TV appeal rather than something a bit older ???

I expect they are looking for someone who can

- Pick out the salient facts

- Present them in a coherent way

- Knows how and where to check information (eg where to apply!)

- Can intelligently interpret information

- Doesn't have an axe to grind

- Has a rudimentary grasp of grammar

I'm sure you'll be a shoo in!

MCB - are you referring to this. Thrice again, will you please post a link to what you refer to? It is a pain trying to work out what the hell is going on in your head at the best of times, and teams of psychologists/psychiatrists are expensive to use.

"BBC ENGLISH REGIONS - JOB SPECIFICATION

Broadcast Journalists x 2

Isle of Man

Continuing contracts

The BBC is looking for two people to work as local Broadcast Journalists in the Isle of Man. Duties will include sourcing and creating text, audio and video material for the Isle of Man Where I Live website and providing material as appropriate for regional/local TV and radio outlets. Good writing skills are essential alongside an ability to build and develop contacts in diverse communities and a creative approach to story telling. The successful applicants will be expected to live on the island and the job will be filled in accordance with Isle of Man employment law.

Job Designation: Broadcast Journalist (WiL)

Grade: 05/7D

To include: Web Producers

Works to: Senior Broadcast Journalist

Job Purpose

To initiate and produce a rich variety of online content for a ‘Where I Live’ website."

It's basically just a web journalist, I cannot imagine Juan Turner giving up his own radio station for this position, nor can I imagine Beth Espey applying as it's not a glamorous presenter’s job.

You would hope they would be looking for trained qualified journalists, surely? Not just someone vaguely ineterested in current affairs...

"BBC ENGLISH REGIONS - JOB SPECIFICATION

Broadcast Journalists x 2

Isle of Man

Continuing contracts

The BBC is looking for two people to work as local Broadcast Journalists in the Isle of Man. Duties will include sourcing and creating text, audio and video material for the Isle of Man Where I Live website and providing material as appropriate for regional/local TV and radio outlets. Good writing skills are essential alongside an ability to build and develop contacts in diverse communities and a creative approach to story telling. The successful applicants will be expected to live on the island and the job will be filled in accordance with Isle of Man employment law.

Job Designation: Broadcast Journalist (WiL)

Grade: 05/7D

To include: Web Producers

Works to: Senior Broadcast Journalist

Job Purpose

To initiate and produce a rich variety of online content for a ‘Where I Live’ website."

It's basically just a web journalist, I cannot imagine Juan Turner giving up his own radio station for this position, nor can I imagine Beth Espey applying as it's not a glamorous presenter’s job.

surely the salient word is journalist - so this would surely differentiate whoever is hired from those who work in the press or on the local radio at present as all they are reporters..maybe the journalists will research and investigate instead of just dealing with copy and press releases as they do...

surely the salient word is journalist - so this would surely differentiate whoever is hired from those who work in the press or on the local radio at present as all they are reporters..maybe the journalists will research and investigate instead of just dealing with copy and press releases as they do...

I think we will only be able to look forward to the same old headlines, like "High winds rip through cemetery; hundreds dead" or "Camera designed with fast shutter speed - allows first ever photograph of MCB with her mouth shut".

Archived