B B C Jobs - Based At Manx Radio

manxchatterbox

x-in-man:-

"Who is paying the bill for the London Studio, and MR staff trips across to the BBC to have their chip changed for training.?"

what they don't tell you is that when there is an item from the "London Studio" its usually something thats been organised by a PR company to push a client's certain point of view..whether its a diet, environmental awareness, ort whatever - so 1) its free airtime that MR don't have to pay for 2) somebody has lined up the interview so nobody from MR has to do any work 3) why isn't the listener told tehy are going to be listening to a commercial interview 4) if MR is supposed to be commercially orientated does it charge the PR company for helping to promote the client whoever it is??

As for training - presumably with Charlotte Quayle leaving and as I'm told they don't pay overtime then there will be £25k plus in the kitty to use for training with digital film equipment, how to dress properly, how to do make up, how to do piece to camera....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
am thinking of applying.. does anyone know who you apply to and where and who interviews you and who decides if you get the job - someone from the BBC or Manx Radio vet the apllications?? also are they looking for a bit of young flesh with TV appeal rather than something a bit older ???

No need to say thanks MCB

BBC

Better update that CV

oooh yes well done thanks v m will do...but then again its rumoured none of teh existing MR newsroom staff are putting in for either of teh two jobs 'cos by some qwerk MR newsroom staff have been found extra pay so the BBC jobs pay less than what they now get...so most of the applicants are likely to be from IOM Newspapers..isn't one of the senior staff there already leaving....

oooh yes well done thanks v m will do...but then again its rumoured none of teh existing MR newsroom staff are putting in for either of teh two jobs 'cos by some qwerk MR newsroom staff have been found extra pay so the BBC jobs pay less than what they now get...so most of the applicants are likely to be from IOM Newspapers..isn't one of the senior staff there already leaving....

I suggest that you never apply for any jobs that involve the use of the English language. Your syntax, grammar and spelling are atrocious.

My guess on will be putting a CV in :

Juan Turner

Beth Esphy

Stewart Peters

and the Manx Radio dog

How much does it pay?

i doubt juan turner will, he already films for bbc. he was in port erin filming the other day for north west tonight. he was doing the dead body story. i was down there, although he was reluctant to tell me what he was doing, a bit ovasive actually, didnt want to speak to me about what he was doing but eventually came clean. i made a point of watching bbc and it was on. so either he already has the job or he's employed to do something else - is he allowed to that and local radio???

beth espey? not sure which one off manx radio she is, obvioulsy one of the female news readers!

stewart peters,

and aboout a million other people who want to work for the bbc cause it sounds very sexy!!!!!

The Agitator,

You are correct, through Commercial Television & Media Juan is working for BBC Northwest (as well as BBC Network, C4 & SKY) and as he is the MD of Energy he's allowed to work in radio. He's also currently filming the prospective candidates for the forthcoming election. The video interviews are appearing on iomelections.com

He's also currently filming the prospective candidates for the forthcoming election. The video interviews are appearing on iomelections.com

Juan. have you read Hunter S Thompsons "Fear and loathing on the campaign trail". Please, please, use this as your basis for any reporting.

They deserve it.

is going to the see if I can get to the Mount Murray next Weds Sept 13th to see who turns up to meet the BBC recruitment team and no-doubt the MR MD (being ex-BBC) will be there too to answer questions about working environment / the interaqction with MR staff etc...(then again, if he isn't there who can answer those sorts of questions???).....

is going to the see if I can get to the Mount Murray next Weds Sept 13th to see who turns up to meet the BBC recruitment team and no-doubt the MR MD (being ex-BBC) will be there too to answer questions about working environment / the interaqction with MR staff etc...(then again, if he isn't there who can answer those sorts of questions???).....

I'm sure you could

Archived