For Sale: Hovercraft

integer

Edit: This item is now sold.

This is a bit of a project which needs fibreglass work. Its driven by a single rotax 503 engine and it capable of over 50mph (with no brakes!). Can carry 2 people, but is more fun with one.

The full story:

I bought this thing a couple of years ago and had a few laughs on it. Going 50mph plus (sometimes backwards) with no brakes and not much steering is damn good fun. I decided to patch up the underside of the fibreglass hull, but someone I knew in the trade said I may as well just make a new mold of the lower hull and lay a new one. I disassembled the hovercraft completely and prepared the lower hull, but have been let down by my fibreglassing friend who is too busy to help out. I'm about to become the father of twins so Im going to have my hands pretty full for a while....

Current status:

Hull sections and trailer are in Ramsey, rest is in my garage in Lonan. Engine ran perfectly when removed, but hasnt been run for about a year. Lower hull needs fibreglass repairs. New segmented skirt required, I have kept a few sections for a pattern so if you get the material (neoprene coated nylon) you can make it yourself. It may need a few other bits like a throttle cable but nothing major. It comes complete with road trailer.

You can see some pics of it from when I bought it here

Bottom line:

You will have to rebuild this yourself. It cost me £2600 a couple of years ago and I had to collect it from Liverpool, but due to its current build state and my current situtation I'm virtually giving it away, I just need to get rid of it so it could be yours for just £250. The trailer alone is worth that. Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll be in touch.

Archived