Ride For Life

THRILLER

It seems more than a little ironic that a 'ride for life' has turned out to be anything but.

There's no evidence to suggest they were part of the 'Ride for Life' party, however regardless of such it's an unfortunate tragedy and my thoughts go out to all involved.

Drove over it this afternoon, judging by the marks on the road, it was way back and as another poster has said, its on or about the blind rise before you get to the straight.

Looking at the marks he must have been tonking along, not realising until the last minute the stationry traffic in the road. He locked his wheels and then must have rear ended the car.

Our thoughts are with his Family and friends.

Everyone waved at me lol, were you on your GSXR or is that someone else. I was stood near to the road in a BLUE MAN CITY SHIRT

I was on my GSXR yeh. There was the police bike, the MR money car, then me and a guy on a VFR750.

Now the odd thing here is that they both hit the same car.

I would guess that they might have got in each others way when tyring to avoid it. If I was in the same situation you would attempt to take an escpape route, if it was me by going down the centre line, there is usually room to get by on a bike and its amazing how fast your reactions can be when presented with an emergency situation.

Looking at the bike skid marks oday, they did see the obstruction early enough to make a judgment, but then it really depends on how fast they were going. Maybe they didnt even know there were 200 bikes ahead of them???

Archived