The Islands Fav Radio Station

manxmedia

They all say tell you that they are the "most listened to radio station on the IoM" but finally the results are about to be released. This is the schedule

Wednesday 2nd August - Press Conference (this is usually about BBC radio v Commercial radio in general).

Thursday 3rd August - Data to Sales Houses (lots of stations rely on national commercials - this is their moment)

Friday 4th August - Full Tables/Published Tables (D-Day - finally we will know how listeners to who!)

Manx Radio will take the top spot, (having the ability to count AM and FM in the most important breakfast segment helps). I'm not sure who will take 2nd place as 3FM and Energy sound the same to me. I understand that Energy will leave RAJAR at the end of the year so this might be the only time that all 3 stations are measured.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit to listening to MR. The music <Shoprite, for all your food needs for less> is just right for my ears and the interviews <Manx Gas natu....> are conducted well. Dan is doing a sterling job with the <Hello Sue - like my new top> talking heads slot, with some difficult issues <Robinsons - fresh fruit picked from the freezer daily> covered well.

Its a pity that the production is not so good with ads crashing the news, weather, road report, music and in some cases .. the ads!

When you were asleep one night they broke into your gaff, car and work. They turned all your radios on and noted what they were tunned into. In a number of cases they even downloaded the cache of peoples PCs to see what they listened to on-line.

I knew what they were doing and re-tuned all mine before I went to bed that night.

For those who complain about the TV licence and have no choice, what about Manx Radio. How much does that cost per taxpayer to subsidise and give us a load of rubbish.

I wish I could organise my morning alarm clock so it a) wakes up the missus, B) switches off, c) comes on for the news and weather (minus that pretentious twit doing his interminable yada, yada, yada, yada and then again in Manx), d) goes off again, e) wakes me up again to get dressed f) switches off again so I don't have to listen to that pretentious......

the Backdoor Community Council (or B B C for short) do a fine job with a radio selection subscription (RSS) and its Newsboti on-line feed to a forum near you..

MCB - Have you been drinking today? You're posting even more odd posts than usual.

Archived