Standing For Chief Minister

manxchatterbox

non-commercial community radio

Pirate?

but then as we all know they can't smell a story unless its pushed and stuffed up their noses....

Probably afraid you were going on about dogshit again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The press haven't returned the calls regarding interviews etc...but then as we all know they can't smell a story unless its pushed and stuffed up their noses....

Not in my experience, MCB.

There was a thread about my brief tenure as a councillor in the UK on here a few months ago. As a result of that, the press called me and requested an interview, then ran an article stretching almost to a full page. Despite the fact I'd made it clear that I wasn't eligible to stand in this year's elections even if I wanted to, so there was no real news value to it.

So if they're showing no interest in covering your party or your candidature - which presumably does have some news value - I would find that slightly worrying. And power and the status quo have nothing to do with it, as I certainly don't have any contacts in influential places in the Isle of Man.

as per the forum thread on 11 July:- the PFP ( Progressive Freedom Party )

and hoping the web-site designer speeds up so it can go live at the same time as the multi venue launch - bit worrying at the moment though that the press haven't returned the calls regarding interviews etc...but then as we all know they can't smell a story unless its pushed and stuffed up their noses....and even then they expect to be spoon fed with press releases....but we know to expect this and have planned for use of non-commercial community radio, poster campaign and public meetings....

I'm a web designer and can help you out. I would also like to vote for you. So please leave your full name so I can do so. Thank you.

status quo

If their up for the CM job, I'm moving.

I'm still for Lassie and sa Declan said,

She'd find her own way home!

Cost effective as well, what more do you want :D

Stu Peters was discussing the possibilities of future Chief Minister with David Callister on Manx Radio Mandate programme this morning.

At present the likely lads would appear to be John Shimmin, Steve Rodan and David Cannan with Allan Bell possibly lurking somewhere in the background. When asked, David Callister seemed to doubt very, very much that a member of the Legislative Council could become Chief Minister.

I thought this was a strange reaction, considering that Donald Gelling was elected to Chief Minister from being a member of the Legislative Council. Now, if none of the three men in the frame, or indeed the chap who is just outside the frame, get elected come November - then there is little doubt that Tynwald would resort to going up the stairs to find a likely lad, or indeed lass.

Stu Peters was discussing the possibilities of future Chief Minister with David Callister on Manx Radio Mandate programme this morning.

At present the likely lads would appear to be John Shimmin, Steve Rodan and David Cannan with Allan Bell possibly lurking somewhere in the background. When asked, David Callister seemed to doubt very, very much that a member of the Legislative Council could become Chief Minister.

I thought this was a strange reaction, considering that Donald Gelling was elected to Chief Minister from being a member of the Legislative Council. Now, if none of the three men in the frame, or indeed the chap who is just outside the frame, get elected come November - then there is little doubt that Tynwald would resort to going up the stairs to find a likely lad, or indeed lass.

Tony Brown was asked by Stu this morning on Mandate. His aim is to retain the Speakership but hasn't ruled himself out of standing for CM.

Archived