Electric Shock

Theskeat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you should be so lucky, when I started out on a mortgage the interest rate was 18% :(

4.5% ~ huh !

Quite right! I remember those times and there not that far in the past - absolutely frightening. All savings disappeared trying to keep the mortgage going and at the same time - no work!!!!

Compared to today 4.5% and plenty of work - no comparison.

The MEA tried to wack my direct debit up to well over a £100 per month last week (lights, TV, a washing machine and a couple of computers only). Watch out if they recalculate yours as I know this has happened to a couple of other people I know - and should have worked out to half of what they claimed it should be. Hopefully this was just a series of genuine mistakes, but I can't help wondering :huh:

I cancelled my DD arrangement and will pay by cheque next time right on the last possible day. They can get stuffed if they want cashflow out of me paying monthly when they keep sticking the costs up and writing to ask if I'd be good enough to increase my DD.

No I won't. I was up over £100pm and they can wait in future until I want to pay the bill. What I pay in electricity costs is about half of what I pay in NI.

Life is always swings and f*ing roundabouts I find when it comes to cash. You find a way to save some and you are walloped with some extra expenditure. Oh a pay rise yes!... Oh hang on, electric, gas, mortgage and petrol have gone up. Yay! Oh the joy. <_<

Archived