Now You See It ..soon You Won't

manxchatterbox

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching it get pulled from our office, those demo blokes are flipping nutters! Despite working very close to it, only went in a few times. It was dirty, smelly and the locals very inhospitable. It's definiately time to move on. I bet anyone bemoaning the loss of a local landmark aint been in there for years.

Believe it or not but i use to play in a band in there, we use to play next to the dartboard so when the women needed the toilet we had to move whilst playing just to let them through. The locals hated are music cus it was rock and they use to leave the room then shut the door. I dont mind cus we got paid £120 a night.

you couldnt even play darts without bloody women getting in the way.

Talking of Hope Street - anyone remember the Hope Street Chippy! Possibly the best chips in town! :)

Cunliffes chippy it was then taken over by the Newtons, Dave Newton {Yorks not manx} is into pig farming these days.

If you thought the Forresters was star wars you should have ssen where the posties used to drink, The Musicians Club on Circular road, now that was a basic bar :blink:

If you thought the Forresters was star wars you should have ssen where the posties used to drink, The Musicians Club on Circular road, now that was a basic bar :blink:

Known to one and all as the 'Fiddlers' Club!

Mind you, it had an excellent snooker table - and I recall Alex Higgins warming up in there before an exhibition a few years ago (and I think he tried out the snooker table as well!) :)

Archived