If You Could Choose One Band...

Trinity 23

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alice in Chains (I'm SUCH an old rocker at heart)

Might need that time machine to bring Layne back though.... ;)

They've actually played some shows recently with some other dude singing - can't remember who it was now though.

Personally I would love to see The Mars Volta play here. In the Union.

They've actually played some shows recently with some other dude singing - can't remember who it was now though.

William DuVall is their touring singer, although they've had James Hetfield, Phil Anselmo and Scott Weiland guesting for them before that.

It's not the same though, as much as I like Jerry, Layne was uniquely AIC. Should have laid the band to rest.

William DuVall is their touring singer, although they've had James Hetfield, Phil Anselmo and Scott Weiland guesting for them before that.

It's not the same though, as much as I like Jerry, Layne was uniquely AIC. Should have laid the band to rest.

yeah, I completely agree. I think hearing something like "Would?" sung by someone other than Layne would be deeply wrong.

I think hearing something like "Would?" sung by someone other than Layne would be deeply wrong.

Then a small piece of you may die when you hear this.

I love Hetfield, but this just makes me want to cry.

I think hearing something like "Would?" sung by someone other than Layne would be deeply wrong.

Then a small piece of you may die when you hear this.

I love Hetfield, but this just makes me want to cry.

safe to say the Layne Staley would have been spinning in his grave when he heard that, it's karaoke standard.

Why do people like Ian Brown? I like him too, but I dont know why. Having seen him live a couple of times I have to say he is rubbish, still listen to his ceee deees but quite happily slag him off to death if he is ever listed to perform somewhere we are.

Foo Fighters for me because i love their live sets, also when they play a smaller crowd it seems more intimate.

And the Arctic Monkies would be hillarious seems everytime i ask them to play it in colours at 22:00 they say they dont play 'that' kind of music in here, only for the next DJ to play it and the crowd goes wild.

Why do people like Ian Brown? I like him too, but I dont know why. Having seen him live a couple of times I have to say he is rubbish, still listen to his ceee deees but quite happily slag him off to death if he is ever listed to perform somewhere we are.

I've never seen him live so wouldn't know. I can listen to him all day long though. Unfinished Monkey Business was pure unashamed creativity. Its like he's saying this is what I like to do, if it sells then cool, if not - who cares? It just shows he's not in it purely for the money. That said, I do think his later albums are littered with too many remixes. Production quality went up too which doesn't really match his style, it needs to sound like it was recorded in his shed.

He's also the coolest man in music, which helps...

Archived