Working The Sea Programme

teapot

Watched it tonight and thought it was very positive and great publicity for the Island. It was interesting to see the old footage of Douglas beach and prom during the 50s and 60s; hard to believe there were so many people about, but I do remember the beach being packed (we must have been hardier souls then).

I thought the programme was okay, although the thing that stood out for me was Terry Cringle. He always seems so negative to me and constantly bleats on about the good old days.

The trawler programmes were really good. I wouldn't fancy doing that for a living.

Hi Gladys> I set the video to record it but as I'm across atm I got something from another region (didn't realise they were showing 11 different programs at the same time). When I try and watch if from the bbc site all I get is a General Error ... does it work for anyone else?

Hi Gladys> I set the video to record it but as I'm across atm I got something from another region (didn't realise they were showing 11 different programs at the same time). When I try and watch if from the bbc site all I get is a General Error ... does it work for anyone else?

Are you in the UK? You can only watch stuff on the BBC site if you're within Britain - not sure if that might be the reason, but the site worked fine for me.

I missed the beginning of this programme but was pleased to find I could see it again here:

BBC Website - Watch Again

That was handy as the IoM Steam Packet programme only went out on BBC North West on a Friday night. Could not have been a large audience available with Corrie on the other side

Thanks Amadeus. No i'm in the uk ... must be something to do with this pc ... probably Norton at a guess.

It loads for me but i can't change the settings or open it in a standalone player.

Did you select Realplayer?, WMP doesn't always work on the bbc site.

I watched it as well hoping for a bit of history and nostalgia. Instead just seen loads of Hamish larging it up about how great the SP is and poor old Robinsons complaing about how the freight costs eats into what little profit they make (gosh how life is so tough in the OPEN market).

A pretty poor effort overall maybe TC had seen the pilot and that is why he was all doom and gloom.

All the Best

Archived