I Quite Like This Idea...

Dr Gonzo

Pity somebody can't do it for some other things, too.

Do you think the police can prosecute based on the photo evidence? Be funny to see dozens of tickets issued off the back of that :) Brave guy: "I want to be a traffic warden"!

Time to get me digicam out again!

Manx Parking Blog

I notice that the elegance of the fact that it was the summer holidays and the school was empty so there was not a chance in hell of a bus stopping there in the next month or so was not noted.

I'm not usually one to condone bad parking (especially taxi drivers) but as a former resident of Tynwald Street I have had to park there numerous times whilst popping home to pick something up. The unusually high numbers of BMWs and Minis parked there (Buchannan take note) means you often have little choice

Also, I think that showing peoples reg plates on the blog site might get a few poeples backs up.

Otherwise, marvellous idea.

Perhaps the traffic wardens could log in and see what they are missing all day when they're sat on their arses doing bugger all.

Agreed, blur the numberplates and it's not an issue.

I'm kinda loving the scaffolding on the IOM Bank in Parliament Street in Ramsey at present. Only been up a week and 3 people have hit it already (local baker's van being the best of the bunch, although that's closely followed by the guy in the Ford Focus that couldn't reverse park into a space without clunking it - muppet!.

They've coned off the two spaces nearest to it now to prevent any other morons hitting it but that doesn't seem to have helped, as now the parking morons are ignoring the cones and one got moved today and the other got run over by some pleb in an R-Plated car.

I tell you, this could be a summer of much merriment, providing the scaffolding doesn't actually come down and hit me on the head. :)

The rule of thumb seems to be, if you drive a luton bodied transit type van or a Ford Focus, fear teh scaffold. If you driver a 7.5 tonne vehicle or anything bigger, you'll fit through the gap no problem. ;)

Nope, but I think the motorhome should be struck by a rocket launcher.

Oddly enough, I saw a motorhome today in Ramsey, the model was a 'Rapido' - since when were any of these things rapid? Someone's taking the piss bigtime there methinks!

Archived