[BBC News]Man's nose broken after argument

Newsbot

when are they going to install CCTV in Chester Street - hardly a week goes by without a car being broken into / vandalised - people now being beaten over - there are always yoofs (some who can't be 18) in there with booze...isn't it about time some prosecutions and heavy penalties were dished out...

"the victim had been arguing with a group of people,"

Maybe he was drunk (if I was on my tod in a normal frame of mind I would not start arguing with a group of bods), started it. and deserved what he got.

and deserved what he got.

Physical violence resulting in broken bones is always an appropriate course of action when arguing...

Oh come now. I dont condone violence but without further information of what happened then surely its a probable outcome.

Have you never been pushed so far that you would never consider vilonce???

I have something that is lacking in most outgoing drunk people these days, self restraint.

Its easy to lash out and use voilence thats why some people choose to do it, i was in the forces for a long time and have been put in many situations where violence was used both in uniform and off duty.

It can be avoided by walking away, and for the time where walking away does not solve it and voilence is looking like the only option self restraint is a great thing too use, its just a shame more people dont try it.

Drunken people gobbing off and taunting other people or indeed the other way round where people are taunting drunken people is a regular thing in toon and one of the reasons i bring a set of earphones out with me when i am walking through on a weekend, it makes it easier to ignore people.

CCTV does jack shit, my brother got the piss beaten out of him and ended up getting his jaw rewired and losing some teeth because some drunken bully decieded to randomly pick him for a beating right outside the tower house shopping centre late at night.

He was caught on CCTV and he was covered in my brothers blood yet still the arresting officer called around my mums house and said "we might not have enough evidence."

The case went to court and the lawyers managed to get the CCTV evidence thrown out (or whatever the term is for not being allowed to use it.) which was fun, so the case boiled down to my brothers word ( 21 yrs old, stick thin very quiet lad.) against the attackers word (35yrs old heavy set builder who had a bit too much to drink.)

As it happens the Judge was a star and the legal team managed to press a 3 year conviction and a 5 year exclusion order from the island which was great, but the fact that the CCTV was not used was mind boggeling.

Have you never been pushed so far that you would never consider vilonce???

Been pushed far enough to go past the considering stage. However, I've never once thought that they deserved it.

Archived