Temporary Ice Rink For Douglas

Ripsaw

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;)

Went down for a go last night..but missed the early session and was told it was booked for a private session from 6.30 for an hour.

Not a problem, went up the street and popped back...got back and it was empty, the RBSI had booked it and no-one had bothered showing up, all too old or stuck up.

One thing I would llike to mention from my first visit, is what was the big idot with the short hair and his boyfriend up to, are they running it???

There was a woman in the booth taking bookings, very helpful, then there was a guy who seemed to be sharpening every pair of skates, there was a young guy on the rink watching the kids and adults that were there and finally an older guy in a steward jacket who seemed to be giving out skates, helping put them on and keeping the place tidy.

But also there was this big dopey looking guy, wandering around with his hands in his pockets and another younger guy with what looked like a drawn on beard, they were both just hanging around the booth and throwing water at everyone else...very professional.. They then just wandered off, I half expected them to start holding hands...

I might come back down with the kids but I will have second thoughts if that big guy is there, also my kids school has talked about booking a session but I will make sure that it is a sesssion where I can count on my kids being looked after and not caught in the middle of some childish water fight

But also there was this big dopey looking guy, wandering around with his hands in his pockets and another younger guy with what looked like a drawn on beard, they were both just hanging around the booth and throwing water at everyone else...very professional.. They then just wandered off, I half expected them to start holding hands...

Ah! That would be the Manxforums reporters.

Ah! That would be the Manxforums reporters.

Yep, equal opportunities employer, and all that :)

Archived