Temporary Ice Rink For Douglas

Ripsaw

Ice Skating Sessions

The rink will be available for private hire sessions, (parties, schools ect) as well as normal sessions, We will also be offering discounts for groups.

Opening Dates

30th November - 10th January 2007

Opening Times

11:00 - 21:15 Monday - Friday

11:00 - 22:00 Saturday

11:00 - 16:00 Sunday

Each session is 30 minutes with a 15 minute break between sessions.

Ice Rink Prices (per session including skate hire)

£ 7.00 : Adult

£ 5.00 : Children (under 12)

£20.00 : Family ticket (1 Adult and 3 children or 2 adults and 2 children):

For further information on group bookings, individual bookings, corporate events, school visits and parties please call Ice Rink Events on telephone 07624 309922 or Email: icerink@manx.net - A Group is a party over 20 or more people.

Please note that this is a temporary, outdoor ice rink subject to varying weather and ground conditions. We therefore advise that you check the weather forecast for the day of your visit, consider the nature of the event and the effects of any inclement weather on surface conditions, and wear suitable clothing and footwear.

Where will the rink be situated?

The rink will be situated on the old villiers ground, just of Regent Street, Douglas.

When should I get there?

Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your allotted/booked session to allow for skate fitting etc.

At what age can I bring my children?

There is no minimum age for children.

Minimum skate size: Children’s size 9

We advise parents to use their discretion as to whether the child will enjoy the experience if they are very young.

I’ve got big feet! Do you have boots to fit me?

The maximum skate size: Adult size 11

What if it is raining?

You will get wet! The rink can operate in nearly all weather conditions. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing. This is an outdoor event and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather. In the unlikely event that the Duty manager deems it necessary to close the ice rink, alternative sessions will be offered for skating, subject to availability.

What do I do with my bags, coats etc when I am skating?

A cloakroom is available where you collect your ice skates from. (extra charge)

Do I have to pay to spectate?

All the viewing areas are free to access. So come along and watch your friends and family skating and enjoy a warming hot chocolate.

Will you be open on Christmas and Boxing day ?

Yes, Times and sessions to be arranged at a later date

ICE SKATING CAN BE HAZARDOUS. ALL PATRONS ARE REMINDED THAT THEY SKATE AT THEIR OWN RISK.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’ve got big feet! Do you have boots to fit me?

The maximum skate size: Adult size 11

When was size 11 considered big?

Edit: I'm going to make my own out of a pair of Doc Martens and a set of cutglasses.

My man, Sir Damp Spuds will be running the ice ring...... so free ice skating for me hopefully..... he says the ring will hold 40 skaters and the size of the ring is 12 x 12 m.

Will get him on the forum to give more details.

12m squared is about the size of two badminton courts side by side. I can't imagine 50 people trying to ice skate in those dimensions will be much fun.

Not knocking the idea as I think it's a good one. Just the scale seems a little small.

I think it's a great idea, I will go and have a look, not sure about the actual skating though as I've never done it before.

Skating is a great pastime for fun and exercise. I started the thread with great enthusiasm and certainly intend to show my support by having a go with Junior.

Like Ans, I am concerned that it will be crowded if 40 people are in a 12x12m area, I hope I don't slap any faces when I am doing my twists, jumps and turns!!

I'm also worried that the price for a 30 minute session will put some off.

I hope it is successful and I hope that the will for a permanent rink gains momentum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived