Temporary Ice Rink For Douglas

Ripsaw

You're just trolling now aren't you? Go on, admit it.

No I am not.

Girl89 had a valid point - they are paying £5 a head for a party, Ripsaw is not.

Assuming there is no "failed MHK discount" why is that the case? Furthermore I know people who paid £7 for half an hour in the last couple of days and would be furious to know that if they got enough people together they could have done it for £2.50 as they were disappointed.

I'm glad Ripsaw quoted his price so everyone else can see it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Furthermore I know people who paid £7 for half an hour in the last couple of days and would be furious to know that if they got enough people together they could have done it for £2.50 as they were disappointed.

Furious at what exactly, they're own stupidity?

Maybe Ripsaw has a bigger group booking than Girl89 does?

It's really not that complicated dude.

I'm sorry but discounts of this nature should be advertised. Who knows whose group is bigger. Girl89 should get on the blower and ask. People are paying quite a lot of money (or not much money at all) to use this facility and the pricing should be upfront and unambiguous.

Furthermore I know people who paid £7 for half an hour in the last couple of days and would be furious to know that if they got enough people together they could have done it for £2.50 as they were disappointed.

Or the lack of transparency in pricing.

But then again its the IOM & we probably didn't introduce the law that covers transparency in pricing.

But then again its the IOM & we probably didn't introduce the law that covers transparency in pricing.

Yep, definitely trolling, or stupid - or perhaps both.

Yep, definitely trolling, or stupid - or perhaps both.

I don't care because most people will go there and find that its not only shite but also relatively expensive. I don't run it so who cares. They got money out of me so they're one up. I hope Ripsaw has a great time skating on a plastic sheet and the price quoted to him is great value and he'd be daft not to take it up. Forty kids at £2.50 a head for half an hour is great value. It really is.

Ripsaw has already mentioned that he's taking kids to the ice rink. Girl89 has already mentioned that she is going with a group of 6th formers. I can't believe a company would discriminate pricing on the ages of those involved. It is, quite frankly, ridiculous. It's not as if any other places charge less for children than they do adults (setting their own age bracket for adults in the process), imagine if the Palace cinema did such a thing, or the NSC swimming pool....

Fucking manx crab syndrome.

Went to take a look at it Saturady afternoon, TBH, I was very surprised at how small it actually is, and quite dissapointed.

After hearing about all of the hype, I was quite into the idea of having a go, but after seeing it, I don't think I will bother.

My intial thoughts were along the lines of "what, is that it?" - I don't really know what the definition of "rink" should be, but I always had the idea in my head that it would be something quite a bit bigger than a flattened cereal packet!

10/10 for hype and generating interest.

2/10 for actual 'product'.

Archived