Temporary Ice Rink For Douglas

Ripsaw

So stop your bitching and go back to moaning about wheelie bins and dog shit.

Thats right go back to doing what you lot do best Whinge and F***ing Moaning. If someone stood in strand street handing out £10 notes you lot would still find something to moan about it. I applaud the person that took their iniative and did something for the kids as SANDA says its for kids and families not a bunch of jumped up old whingers like you lot

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
£2.50 for me ;)

Edit: Sorry, I meant £2.50 each person

Edit 2: I am informed that the cost to the group was also subsidised from group funds, so while discounts are available for group bookings, I reported an incorrect figure.

My apologies for the misleading cost.

Everyone seen this error.

MISSION YOU ARE AN ANGEL!!! I LIKE YOUR ATTITUTE, COME DOWN FOR SOME FREE SKATING EVEN IF IT IS APPARENTLY SHIT.

Thats right go back to doing what you lot do best Whinge and F***ing Moaning. If someone stood in strand street handing out £10 notes you lot would still find something to moan about it. I applaud the person that took their iniative and did something for the kids as SANDA says its for kids and families not a bunch of jumped up old whingers like you lot

At £7 for half an hour where do you think the kids get their money .... from winging old bastards like us. Nob.

QUOTE(cristal @ Nov 28 2006, 07:49 PM)

At £7 for half an hour where do you think the kids get their money .... from winging old bastards like us. Nob.

I've got kids, and i'm sorry i ain't going to begrudge them £5 (thats the cost for kids actually) to go ice skating and have fun. sounds to me that your the NOB you miserable old git!!

I've got kids, and i'm sorry i ain't going to begrudge them £5 (thats the cost for kids actually) to go ice skating and have fun. sounds to me that your the NOB you miserable old git!!

Older kids pay full whack, if thats wrong tell me as if not my 13 year old has stiffed me for £2.

obvioulsy another profile set up purely to add weight to the counter argument.

What is the matter with you people, this event is being financed locally out of someones back pocket (a manx person) , don't see any of your taking a risk with your own money.

So.... are we to believe now that the 'ice rink' is a charitable donation to the festive season? And that it is not a business endeavour? Correct me if I'm wrong.... but a man who sets up a facility in which he chagres people money to pay for their use is generally in it to make some money. It's could a 'business project' (in simple terms). Is this 'manx person' not taking this risk in hope to actually make some profit? That's how it's come across. If it was publicised as a 'unprofitable donation' to the Manx public.... I'm sure it wouldn't have received as much criticism. But as it stands.... it seems to be that some guy has set up this rink based on the desperate pleas from the public in hope to cash in this Christmas! In so doing... he is ripping everyone of by offering them the smallest rink possible for maximum cash.

Again.... correct me if I'm wrong.

You see... I cannot help but notice all these advertisements on 3FM: "this is the radio station that's bringing you the 3FM ice rink! Come down and enjoy it with us..."

Is it a 'Manx Person' or 3FM that owns the rink? :huh:

What is the matter with you people, this event is being financed locally out of someones back pocket (a manx person) , don't see any of your taking a risk with your own money.

So.... are we to believe now that the 'ice rink' is a charitable donation to the festive season? And that it is not a business endeavour? Correct me if I'm wrong.... but a man who sets up a facility in which he chagres people money to pay for their use is generally in it to make some money. It's could a 'business project' (in simple terms). Is this 'manx person' not taking this risk in hope to actually make some profit? That's how it's come across. If it was publicised as a 'unprofitable donation' to the Manx public.... I'm sure it wouldn't have received as much criticism. But as it stands.... it seems to be that some guy has set up this rink based on the desperate pleas from the public in hope to cash in this Christmas! In so doing... he is ripping everyone of by offering them the smallest rink possible for maximum cash.

Again.... correct me if I'm wrong.

You see... I cannot help but notice all these advertisements on 3FM: "this is the radio station that's bringing you the 3FM ice rink! Come down and enjoy it with us..."

Is it a 'Manx Person' or 3FM that owns the rink? :huh:

my first posting: sadly its to join the tirade of critics. Mr DJ Dan you do have a point!

If I was 3FM i think i'd be keeping quiet!

As for Sandra or whatever she’s called, if you start a business venture, you know you are putting your head above the parapet! You have to be able to take the crap! I've taken enough and it’s like water off the proverbial ducks back!

It’s about customer service and satisfaction. If you provide any service it isn’t going to be liked by everyone, they have the choice to go elsewhere.

But I think there is a certain tone of arrogance in those 3fm adverts by claiming the ice rink is something it isn’t – just like 3FM itself.

Everyone seen this error.

MISSION YOU ARE AN ANGEL!!! I LIKE YOUR ATTITUTE, COME DOWN FOR SOME FREE SKATING EVEN IF IT IS APPARENTLY SHIT.

Nice sarcastic attitude. I take back my comments about you having a reasoned approach. Your PR is shit.

But just keep bumping this thread up cos as they say "Even Bad publicity is good publicity"

So do I dude, so do I.

:)

PS - you got any size 15 skates dude - I'll be more than happy to accept your most generous offer of a free skating session - thank you. :)

Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm going to go 3 times now and I am determind to enjoy myself.

Archived