I Bet You Didn't Know That...

monkey_magic

Remember "Inssomniak" by DJPC? It's a 'ravey' track from about 1991 that contains a vocal sample that says "Insomniac - I must sleep". Well, the bit that says "I must sleep" is actually the sample "insomniac", but played backwards. So whether you play the record forwards or backwards, the vocal sounds exactly the same. Pretty freaky.

In Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony, (B min op74), the second movement, the melody line you instantly make out isn't actually being played by any instrument.

To be exact, it's being shared., a bit like a duo singing alternate words of a song between them, but on their off-notes, humming a suitable harmony instead. Must be very confusing to play.

The Lagoa Extreme mix is the best mix of Insomniak

nah, the remix that came out on the second 12" with the original, back in the day, can't be bettered, the one with the monster hardcore stabs, but without the cheesy synth line. i've got it somewhere, i'll have to dig it out, TUUUUNE!

Which dance outfits have the most pseudonyms? The one I can think of is Space Brothers, aka Lustral, aka Ascension, aka Essence.

I guess Norman Cook has had quite a few pseudonyms in his time, that'd be an easy one.

Archived