The Douglas Circular Walkway

manxchatterbox

heard on Shiaght Laa tonight - there's going to be a footbridge over the river at the end of Lake Road by Tesco.....

There is already a bridge at the end of Lake Road, so why would anyone in their right mind want to build another?

Maybe that nice mr Pandara is going to put it there for the good of the residents of the IOM :ph34r:

Last 10

heard on Shiaght Laa tonight - there's going to be a footbridge over the river at the end of Lake Road by Tesco.....

Oh my god. A foot bridge!!! Thats the bestest, most top-secret, exciting news leak I've heard in years. A foot bridge. Oh joy of joy's!! A foot bridge over a river.

But.....why?

If it's sort of roughly at the end of Leigh Terrace then what use is it really other than to the people who live just there? Lazy feckers can walk a few hundred yards.

Or did I miss some big skullduggerous underhand shenanigans afoot here?

Is this a way for Dandara to get around a planning problem? I understand that the planners want a public footpath along the river bank from Bridge road (Stone bridge) but Dandara want to keep it private when they build yet more apartments on the EB's / Saw mills / old Corpy site.

Archived