Terror Plot Puts Uk On Full Alert

Amadeus

At Manchester airport today Asian/Muslims passengers were refused to fly due to complaints by other passengers that they would not board the aircraft if the Asians/Muslims did. I would do the same, On any flight to the USA now, how safe would you feel.

Yeah good point...and what about anyone with an Irish accent..they've got a good history of blowing stuff up...and the Germans too....you really are a fuck wit.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I flew out of Manchseter yesterday and yes all my toys laptop, phone & keys with car remote and book had to go in the hold and my wallet cash, ticket passport was put in a clear plastic bag. I had to dump my bottle of water in the bin. At security I had to take my shoes off and have them radiated.

Once through to departures I bought a paper and another book which was ok to take on the flight.

I flew out of Manchseter yesterday and yes all my toys laptop, phone & keys with car remote and book had to go in the hold and my wallet cash, ticket passport was put in a clear plastic bag. I had to dump my bottle of water in the bin. At security I had to take my shoes off and have them radiated.

Once through to departures I bought a paper and another book which was ok to take on the flight.

I'm coming over soon with laptop, Canon 30D and 500mm lens - I'll bet the baggage handlers enjoying smashing that lot!

Possibly a load political of BS to take the heat off Afghan and Iraq and the fact B & B won't intervene in the Israel affair.

Without doubt a major over reaction.

All luggage was supposed to be scanned and if you were suspect you had your bits examined. But do not fear everything is now in hand as all will be put in the cargo hold out of site and mind and we can all now put to use those zip freezer bags we once thought would be very useful.

All the Best

Attention conspiracy sweepstakers:

Who had Friday midnight - 2am? Make yourself known and you can collect your £1.

At security I had to take my shoes off and have them radiated.

Did they smell any fresher after that?

I'm coming over soon with laptop, Canon 30D and 500mm lens - I'll bet the baggage handlers enjoying smashing that lot!

then say goodbye to them before you leave - if they don't get smashed, they'll be stolen!!

ps In the interests of trying to be helpful, did I mention your travel insurance probably won't cover the loss? Of course, if you're one of those who think insurance companies never try to wriggle out of a claim you won't have a problem ;)

I heard a story on the news today that suggested that businessmen (people if you want to be pc, the news wasn't though) may well stop flying to Europe and take the Eurostar instead if these new security measures are in place for any length of time.

Great news for Eurostar, bad news for the airlines.

I heard a story on the news today that suggested that businessmen (people if you want to be pc, the news wasn't though) may well stop flying to Europe and take the Eurostar instead if these new security measures are in place for any length of time.

And great news for all those companies who manufacture see through plastic bags.......

The tunnel isn't a potential target ?

The tunnel isn't a potential target ?

Thanks, I'm going from Waterloo to various points in Europe next month :)

I thought it was bad enough when Eurotunnel filed for the equivalent of Chapter 11 recently

Archived