Terror Plot Puts Uk On Full Alert

Amadeus

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got nothing to do with targets Simon, the business community is not happy about having it's tools taken away from them. A lot of people probably get a lot of work done during flights and without the laptop and all the other bits, they're probably suffering badly.

I couldn't find a link online, I only heard it on the radio so maybe a link somewhere will explain it better than me.

It's got nothing to do with targets Simon, the business community is not happy about having it's tools taken away from them. A lot of people probably get a lot of work done during flights and without the laptop and all the other bits, they're probably suffering badly.

I always thought they were just pretending to use their laptops to do important looking work when travelling. Really they were playing solitaire.

without the laptop and all the other bits, they're probably suffering badly.

Damn right!

I always thought they were just pretending to use their laptops to do important looking work when travelling. Really they were playing solitaire.

Me, travelling between Sydney and Singapore, a few years ago :P

24fe337.jpg

24fe3ci.jpg

24fe3j5.jpg

But seriously, how long before we can do this sort of thing again?

I've got a box of tissues, and I'm not afraid to use them!

That statement, I'm afraid, would be enough to get you arrested:

Travel restrictions:

Female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes), tissues (unboxed)

Can't be careful enough these days - some tissue throwing terrorist might be up to no good.... :ph34r:

That statement, I'm afraid, would be enough to get you arrested:

Travel restrictions:

Female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes), tissues (unboxed)

Can't be careful enough these days - some tissue throwing terrorist might be up to no good.... :ph34r:

:blink: What is the world coming to?

Here's another one:

Travel restrictions:

Keys, but no electric key fobs

I know people with a Ford Focus, and they have all the remote stuff built into the key itself. What are they supposed to do?

I flew from Ronaldsway to Newcastle on Friday morning and when going through security, I had to use my ventolin inhaler in front of the security people, as I had it in my plastic bag to take on board.

There were loads of people shoving keys etc into their cases at check in, and I heard a couple calling family or friends to come and pick stuff up that they didn't want going in the hold.

Security - Threat downgraded from critical to severe (BBC News). http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4789593.stm.

Hand baggage now allowed but limited to one piece (including ladies hand bags) and size is limited to 45cm x 35cm x 16 cm This is the smallest of the wheeled trollies. Laptops and other toys are allowed but must be taken out and x-rayed.

Previous rules on no liquids still apply.

Note BAA airports still working to previous restrictions so plastic bags still required.

Passenger profiling: A way forward?

UK transport officials are said to be considering introducing passenger profiling on grounds including ethnic origin and religion....

......Passenger profiling would see certain travellers designated for more rigorous security checks before a flight. People behaving suspiciously or with an unusual travel pattern could be selected but racial or religious factors could also form part of the criteria. ...

Thoughts about profiling on grounds of race or religion - doesn't exactly sound like the best idea ever...

One of the bombers had Hydrogen Peroxide......OMG I have Hydrogen Peroxide, will I be next? What is this nonsense all about? Hydrogen peroxide is used for hair dye and mouth wash, please check your bathroom cupboard for any bomb making materials.

One of the bombers had Hydrogen Peroxide......OMG I have Hydrogen Peroxide, will I be next? What is this nonsense all about? Hydrogen peroxide is used for hair dye and mouth wash, please check your bathroom cupboard for any bomb making materials.

Fertilizer as well: Fertilizer Bombs and As In Oklahoma.

Any chemistry student could probably level most of Ramsey, even TNT can be made with a standard 6th form chemistry lab.

Thebees - its easy to be cynical - if it turns out these people only had a 100ml bottle of the stuff, I'll agree with you. However I'd like to remind you that many an IRA bomb was just made with fertillizer ...

OMG fertilizer, will I be next? What is this nonsense all about? Fertillizer is used for growing plants and potting roses, please check your potting shed for any bomb making materials.

The fact that the world is full of everyday materials which can be used to make explosives is a huge problem for the police ... the issue is appropriate quantities and use of those materials ... are you really saying this is all just an exageration? That's very brave of you - and I'm sure you must be glad you don't have any responabilities for hundreds or maybe even thousands of people's lives if you didn't act on intelligence that people were belived to be using these materials for more sinister ends.

Archived