Manx Radio News

Manxchatterbot

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess they could have padded the story out with a load of old waffle - but why bother? We all know (because they've been telling us all day) that airline passengers have been left stranded around UK airports, now Euromanx has offered to help.

That's the story. I welcome its brevity.

Wouldn't take a towering intellect or investigative journalist to contact Euromanx if you were stuck somewhere.

Thought John Moss did a good job on the morning news. He just loves that sort of thing.

But why send Beth and Tim to the airport only for them to both come back by mid-day. The problems continued at the airport all day.

It was also the top story on Border

Probably they realised that there was no fresh news to be had - last thing you need at an incident is gawpers who refuse to move along!

By the bye, another M.R. reporter obviously DID spend the afternoon there - I heard his report this morning.

Much more interesting was the Transport Minister being demolished for his lacklustre performance in a crisis, just after 12.30 today. I almost choked on my hot pastrami on rye...

Thought John Moss did a good job on the morning news. He just loves that sort of thing.

But why send Beth and Tim to the airport only for them to both come back by mid-day. The problems continued at the airport all day.

It was also the top story on Border

Seems a bit daft to send them down south when it would have been much easier to just phone people for an interview.

Much more interesting was the Transport Minister being demolished for his lacklustre performance in a crisis, just after 12.30 today. I almost choked on my hot pastrami on rye...

What crisis? All the information MR wanted was available via international websites, making a mountain out of a molehill. What exactly could the minister have said? The airport clearly had the situation under control.

A crisis would be having your home demolished by crazy Israelis.

and today's little gem, "a young lad was taken to hospital by the coastguards after being rescued from Port Jack by the paramedics"

... a likely story :)

The quality of fish & chips is not what it was when we were youngsters, so there may be some truth in this.

Can we please put out a plea for those of us who have to access the MR website for news because we can't listen to the radio.

Please, please, please change the totally rubbish unuseable format of that site. Its dire. You can't use it. The menus change halfway through viewing, its all content and no news, the headlines don't list properly. Please change it its totally rubbish.

Works fine for me in Firefox...much better than the old site

Falls apart if you hold down <ctrl> and use the mouse wheel to change font sizes for readability. All the various sections of text end up on top of each other very quickly. I'm guessing the designers assumed that everyone looking at the site had the same settings as them.

I think the old format was far simpler.

Can we please put out a plea for those of us who have to access the MR website for news because we can't listen to the radio.

Please, please, please change the totally rubbish unuseable format of that site. Its dire. You can't use it. The menus change halfway through viewing, its all content and no news, the headlines don't list properly. Please change it its totally rubbish.

Archived