Isle Of Man Cuts Tax To Tempt Super-rich

Nitro

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its a good idea in pinciple but can you really see the super rich coming here ?

They probably would not get land or planning permission to build their large phallic houses.

I guess there is always room for more ego's over here, i welcome it bring them all in.

at least they won't be signing on like certain EU imports.

It never ceases to amaze me how piss-poor the research always is on these articles. Publish a bit about the tax initiative, then take the piss out of the Norman Wisdom connection, then get a southern estate agent to quote the time honoured phrase of "who would want to live there its in the Irish Sea". Job done.

Now flick to the Sunday Times today where Jeremy Clarkson uses a whole column to explain how you bury a dead seal in Derbyhaven. Bloody marvelous.

It seems that the IOM has PR issues that "Freedom to Flourish" just ain't going to fix. Which is a shame as the tax cap is a good idea.

Now flick to the Sunday Times today where Jeremy Clarkson uses a whole column to explain how you bury a dead seal in Derbyhaven. Bloody marvelous.

This one?

How to blow up a dead seal

Cue PROWL, and stop the time until someone mentions environmental issues attached to setting seals on fire...

This one?

How to blow up a dead seal

Cue PROWL, and stop the time until someone mentions environmental issues attached to setting seals on fire...

He does go to extraordinary lengths to explain that the seal was DEAD when he found it, but its definitely a "light the blue touch paper and retreat" article aimed at PROWL and those camping on his land (illegally he claims).

Personally I thought it was pretty funny.

If I was super rich I would not be here!

I would .... but only if I could afford my own SeaCat.

Interesting what the mega rich think of getting here as I don't see many Citation jets lined up at Ronaldsway, or mega yachts moored off the coast. 4 hours on a broken SeaCat would be enough to put anyone off bringing the Bentley over.

Archived