Willstock 2006

martyn

Hi guys and girls. I know a few from here were out at Wills at the weekend. I hope you all had a great time, I found my new favourite band Mother Vulpine. :D

We're sorry about the friday night, but for the health and safety of everyone there we had to call it a night early.

I'm posting up as a bit of a plee really.. Unfortunately ALOT of equipment was stolen on friday night/ saturday morning. These included a lot of boss / digitech effects pedals

Boss pedal will look like this. maybe in either yellow, black or blue

Boss_DS1_Distortion_Pedal.gif

I believe the Digitech was a delay pedal which looks like this

p19467h-321592362e16215ab0df54d7dc17f01b.jpg

Some of the more shocking things that were taken included a Yamaha electric guitar and a Fender Telecaster. Most of this equipment belonged to the bands who came across to play. As part of the organisation committee I'm deeply embarrased as we'd spent so long organising this and telling the bands they'd have a great time over here and how everyone is really friendly and then something like this happens.

PLEASE IF ANYONE HEARS ANYTHING OR KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.....WE'RE NOT BOTHERED WITH GETTING THEM ARRESTED WE JUST WANT THE EQUIPMENT BACK. THIS GEAR IS VERY EXPENSIVE AND WOULD'VE TAKEN A LOT OF HARD WORK TO AFFORD THEM.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn

Might be worth speaking to Faze 2 and warning them that someone might be trying to sell em a load of gear.

And keep your eye on the local newspaper classifieds, ebay, manxbay etc.

Basically anywhere the fuckers might try and offload the stuff, because you can bet your life anyone that would steal someones instrument/equipment isnt a musician themselves.

What was this event?

It was willstock. Meant to be a nice party with a load of bands (bit like a Beltane but the bands played in a barn) as things go over here word gets out and people turn up who are just there to get wrecked drunk and make a twat out of themselves.

Kitty, Scope cheers for keeping a look out.

The bands went back today, I hope they haven't got too bad an impression of the place not to come back.

Was so sorry to hear about this. You know Martyn, the more I'm hearing about this the more I'm thinking it wasn't just some kids mucking about. This was a serious amount of stuff that got lifted and I can't help but think there was an element of organisation about it. Having attended all the festivals here this year I think I'm fairly qualified to state that 'organisation' isn't something high on most attendee's priority list. ;)

The word needs to be spread on this. Someone somewhere will know what has happened. It's only a matter of time before someone says something. We (as a community) can spread the word and keep an eye (as kitty said) on avenues for on-sale of goods - both on and off Island.

Good luck matey. I know how much work you put into this and to be rewarded in this way is piss poor. Take hope from the fact that 99% of the people there were decent folks who had an excellent time and behaved as they should have done. I take my hat off to you for having the balls to even contemplate such an event. You certainly didn't deserve this. :/

Do you have a more specific list of equipment that was taken? 'Yamaha guitar' is a bit vague and hard to identify on the likes of eBay.

Model types, distinguishing marks, anything really.

Archived