No Tram There Then

manxchatterbox

Taken from the "Agenda of Council meeting held 08th August 2006" again, the full bit reading:

*10. Tram At Jubilee Clock

The Assistant Borough Engineer reported that he has still not received a written explanation from the Department of Transport of the reason for refusing permission to site a tram at the Jubilee Clock.

Resolved, “That particulars of the report be noted on the minutes.”

Do you just go through the minutes and make up posts? If so, I'm now waiting for one about the two new lobby signs, costing £ £2309.50 each - won't be long...

I'm now waiting for one about the two new lobby signs, costing £ £2309.50 each - won't be long...

its unbelieveable how much soem new signs are going to cost the rate-payers - another case of spending other peoples money without justification or evidence of efficiency....are the latest plasma screens really necessary???

*10. Tram At Jubilee Clock

The Assistant Borough Engineer reported that he has still not received a written explanation from the Department of Transport of the reason for refusing permission to site a tram at the Jubilee Clock.

I wonder if it is because Tourism and Leisure run the railways, DoLGE run planning and the DOT don't reply to communications that is meant for them?

Just out of interest, MCB do you know which tram the Corpy were planning to install? The track on Victoria Street represents the terminus of the Cable Tramway.

There's only one Cable Tram left (actually 2 halves cut and shut, but it looks original) so I hope that wouldn't be left outdoors at the mercy of the weather and those who display such respect for Villiers Square 50 foot away.

Horse trams didn't run on the Cable Tramway, so to put one there would not only be a false representation, but could be considered cruel to the horse chosen to be tethered to the tram.

There may be a couple of surplus MER trams not broken up and thrown away by the former Director of Transport (doubtful though) but as per the Horse Tram, you might as well put a bicycle there as an MER tram.

Archived