Telecom Changes

TomTucker

It's an almost impossible statement to quantify as mobile plans and tarrifs are f@cking impossible to compare like for like.

That said, 77p/min to a uk mobile is utter indefensable f@cking daylight robbery from a company owned by a uk mobile phone operator. Phoning another pronto phone is pretty much double what any uk operator charges for phoning on payg on the same network, orange to orange 10p, pronto to pronto 25p. O2 is the same at 25p, but drops to 5p/min after 3 mins, so it's loads cheaper.

But then we live on an island, blah blah :)

77p :o:o:o , VOIP is a good idea if you can use it - PC World has an option over here where you can have a local UK number assigned to it, you may need a mainland UK address - not sure.

That been said I thought I read some where mobile roaming to and from the island & EU where to to be lowered - at least the IOM because Otel / the EU body had recognised they where too high.... mind you I may be dreaming that :rolleyes:

Terran

BTW - Whats your GPRS charges like ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GPRS prices:

Pay as you use (aka standard contract with no data included) - £3.00 per MB

Pronto Connect 10 - £9.40 per month. 10MB free, 90p per MB after.

Pronto Connect Max - £39.95 per month. 100MB free, 60p per MB after.

Roamed data charges set by the operator (O2, Voda, whoever) + 15% "admin" fee. How much "admin" they need to carry out on a fully automated billing system is a mystery though.

Well, slap me pink and call me Rosy. Last time I saw you Slim was on Clapham common when you were explaining to the big Carrabean chappie that you weren't actually a politician but you did like cottages and you could be whoever he wanted you to be. Happy days indeed old friend

Do you still have that pair of buttless moleskinn chapps with detachable leatherette willy pouch and dew drop bag I bought you for you birthday? Ah..............those were the days eh, were we not men?

Sebastian sends hugs.

Cordially

Crafty

Archived