Childcare Report - Mfs Contract Terminated

Ripsaw

Seems a bit daft. They'll award the contract to a new company, that company will have to employ a shedload of carers, who will they employ? Ex mfs staff...

Thats what I thought. Do the present post holders now become redundant, or do they just transfer to IOM Gov Family Services - or St Christophers, until Dandara Family Services Ltd get the contract and then they all switch over to them?

If the core is rotten maybe its best to throw the whole apple away and get a fresh one altogether.

St. Christophers Fellowship...

We have worked since July 2004 with the Isle of Man government to run a range of children's services, including several children's homes and a secure care home.

We have set up our own charity on the island: St Christopher's Isle of Man. The charity has its own council, which includes local residents. This has the added benefits of ensuring that local people are involved in the development and running of our services there, and that the young people we look after can talk directly to our council.

Link to: St. Christophers Fellowship

Thats what I thought. Do the present post holders now become redundant, or do they just transfer to IOM Gov Family Services - or St Christophers, until Dandara Family Services Ltd get the contract and then they all switch over to them?

I think Heritage Family Services Ltd sounds much nicer, or perhaps St Dandara Fellowship or something like that.

Seems a bit daft. They'll award the contract to a new company, that company will have to employ a shedload of carers, who will they employ? Ex mfs staff...

Maybe the problem at MFS doesn't lie with the staff but the directors? the quote from the report suggests that.

Same staff, new directors may be a good thing

Archived