Storm Coming

Jenniebean

Can anyone shed any light on this? It got passed round at work but no one seems to know anything and im supposed to be going camping tonight. uh oh

Subject: FW: Warning - Thunder Storms

On the radio this morning there was a warning issued by Manx Telecom.

They are requesting that people do not leave mobile phones charging over night, and recommending that you unplug all computers and other electric equipment as tonight the Island is due to have very heavy thunder storms and lightening.

The last time there was a bad thunderstrom there were lots of people who suffered from electrical equipment blown.

On the radio this morning there was a warning issued by Manx Telecom.

They are requesting that people do not leave mobile phones charging over night, and recommending that you unplug all computers and other electric equipment as tonight the Island is due to have very heavy thunder storms and lightening.

Lightening of what?

you could keep an eye on this

http://www.meteorologica.info/freedata_lightning.htm

to see where any lightning is, the band of rain seems to be passing over NW-erly

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk/radar/

the thing I found ironic about the MT warning is that the lightning usually comes up their phone lines ! (rarely up the mains)

As far as i know its just anything connected to your line and your TV a/e that you need to be worried about, i have power surgers on most of my other kit but they have always been fine, when i got zapped it blew my sky box and my modem, my tv was connected through scart leads so the a/e blew the sky box unless it all came down the phone line.

Archived