Coutts

Educa

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*damn*

There's a handy little search function available on this forum. I just searched the words "Onchan" and "Finance" and the only post that came up was yours stating

I said that a large finance house in the centre of Onchan was to relocate

I don't remember the post, perhaps you'll have more luck.

*damn*

There's a handy little search function available on this forum. I just searched the words "Onchan" and "Finance" and the only post that came up was yours stating

I said that a large finance house in the centre of Onchan was to relocate

I don't remember the post, perhaps you'll have more luck.

I also did a search for Onchan, and the first one that it came back with was Ean's saying that he'd already done the search, so I stopped there. That is all.

But they're not relocating, the business isn't going anywhere.

where are the 50 jobs going, to Peel

If you read the thread again FCMR, particularly slinkydevil's post, you'll see that the Manx Radio report states that Coutts are not relocating, they are cutting the number of employees.

Edited to add (in case your confused)..........

Definition

relocate [show phonetics]

verb [i or T]

to (cause a person or company to) move to a new place:

The company has relocated to Liverpool.

My company relocated me to Paris.

TBH I also remember Olde Moore's Almanac saying something along those lines - but it was very vague; I thought he was referring to CMI. A case of "I foresee a Football Team dressed in red winning a cup in the future" kind of thing.

I said I thought he was talking about CMI not that he mentioned the name of the company, what I remember him saying could have fitted Coutts or several other companies.

(Isn't CMI in Onchan? where does Onchan begin and Douglas end up there then?)

Are CMI on victoria road ? I thought they were, although they could have moved by now, which is why I didn't connect them with his original post (god rest its departed soul).

No matter - I wasn't looking for the posting to validate his "told you so", I was just trying to sort out the confused mess that is my memory.

Archived