Get Off

Pat Ayres

Two 'dusky' gents were forced off a plane by passengers afraid they were not 'casual' enough in their dress and could be terrorists.

Should this be allowed to happen and should the passengers that were fearful refused to fly.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about this and thought it was all the wrong way round.

The passengers are not in charge of security and shouldn't be able to over rule security decisions.

These two passangers had been security screened and deemed acceptable to travel. If other passengers did not like that, then they should take their own choice and decide not to fly. But to demand a person is removed is unacceptable. Passengers should accept security decisions or not fly ... they shouldn't be allowed to arbitrate who gets on and who gets taken off, other than themselves.

A bunch of Ryanair passengers coming back from Malaga in the middle of the Summer holidays...i would hazard a guess at not the most cosmopolitan of citizens of planet earth.

Exactly what the scare mongers wanted...a jingoistic knee jerk reaction. Well done to all those passengers you must be very proud :angry:

"Mrs Schofield, 38, said: "The plane was not yet full and it became apparent that people were refusing to board. In the gate waiting area, people had been talking about these two, who looked really suspicious with their heavy clothing, scruffy, rough, appearance and long hair.

"Some of the older children, who had seen the terror alert on television, were starting to mutter things like, 'Those two look like they're bombers.'

"Then a family stood up and walked off the aircraft. They were joined by others, about eight in all. We learned later that six or seven people had refused to get on the plane. "

f*ckwits

Good job being prejudiced isnt against the law then... doesn't it make yer feel so proud.

These men had aroused suspicion because of their appearance and the fact that they were speaking in a foreign language thought to be an Arabic language

How dare they speak a language other than English on Spanish soil, quite shocking if you ask me! I hope those two men sue the bollocks off Monarch.

Worries spread after a female passenger said she had heard something that alarmed her.

Fluent in this believed arabic language was she?

This is all absolutely ridiculous, if those people didn't wish to fly on the same flight as these two men they are the ones that should be put out, at their own expense!

A passenger was interviewed on BBC, she was afraid for her safety because they "didn't look right"

Now guess the colour of her hair (extensions) and skin.

Clue--she was from Essex.

Was that the orange looking lady with red hair?

You saw her as well. What a sight. As for her old man, "want to buy a motor?", only missing the leopard print trousers.

Rather have someone in a turban and rainmac on my plane.

the scary thing is I know pretty moderate intelligent people who are taken in by the exact same basic fear/prejudice

the idea that you can't be safe on a plane/train/bus with someone of an arabic skin colour is ludicrous and smacks of 1930's germany

the scary thing is I know pretty moderate intelligent people who are taken in by the exact same basic fear/prejudice

the idea that you can't be safe on a plane/train/bus with someone of an arabic skin colour is ludicrous and smacks of 1930's germany

I hate to tell you this, but The Nazis are still in charge!

You have been warned!! :ph34r:

Archived