Tom & Jerry

Amadeus

Forget smoking, I'm sick of seeing fat people and fat people food on TV. Why is smoking not allowed, yet obesity is? Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin are two examples. Obesity is a killer too yet here we have two cartoons which promote being fat as if it's cool or funny. They even make fun of their obesity, like the episode where Homer deliberately gets fatter so he can work from home. It isn't just cartoons. What about Harold Bishop? These people are role models to many of us. According to the World Health Organisation, in 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. There are no exact figures on how many die of obesity, but heart disease is the number one killer and obesity, poor diets and lack of exercise have a lot to do with that.

You know what make me sick....fit people. Lycra and yoga pants everywhere. You cant walk from pub to pub these days without trying to avoid hoards of luminescent runners in their latest Nike gear and bluetooth headphones....scourge of society!!

Mutley clearly had a smokers wheeze, his side kick always had a cigar, smoking was always shown on Thunderbirds, Popeye had a pipe, Dylan was stoned and the whole show was made under the influence of weed. I'm pretty sure the Pink Panther show saw the pink one getting out of his mobile pink phallus puffin on a joint, and don't even get me started on that classic kids favorite song, puff the magic dragon.

Archived