Hospital Treatment

FCMR

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha Ha Mission!

They do something in preparation for that too.... honestly I am a woose and wouldn't send another lamb to the slaughter if I knew it was that way.

Edited to add: Mr B.P. is on fine form this evening eh?

"I'd like to donate blood and I've thought about it plenty of times but I'm afraid I have to admit that when it comes to needles I'm the world's biggest pussy and even though I'm sure it doesn't actually hurt I'm sh1t scared of actually doing it which makes me feel quite selfish to be honest.

I guess they're probably used to wimps like me though and I ought to really try next time they're doing this. Who knows when any of us might need a freebie pint or two from someone else after all....."

I had the same view and decided some years ago to brave it and give it a go. I cured my fear by not looking at the needle going in and just chat with the other folk around me who were also giving blood.

After the first time I gave blood I then walked out of Nobles and drove home.

I felt a bit weak but I also got a bit of a buzz because what I had given someone else might need and they would never know it was me who had helped.

The buzz I got out of actually helping with no reward except self satisfaction was far greater than my fear of needles.

I recommend everyone who has not become a donor to just give it a go.

They do something in preparation for that too

Not another injection I hope, I mean, where would it all end; you don't like injections so they give you one to numb the pain but, as you don't like injections, they give you another to forget about the injection that will numb the pain from the needle that takes the blood out!!!

Ahh, I've got it, they give you the tea and biscuits before the process begins and they drug the tea.... Am I right, am I???

It's a bit harsh to try and blame the hospital for that when it sounds like it was just due to stupidity.

I'll remember to point that out to her. Anything else you can teach me about being harsh?

No sign was spotted, and it was pitch black. Even a thirty second walk is a bit of a nightmare to an 80 year old distressed woman who doesn't know where she is going.

Not another injection I hope, I mean, where would it all end; you don't like injections so they give you one to numb the pain but, as you don't like injections, they give you another to forget about the injection that will numb the pain from the needle that takes the blood out!!!

Ahh, I've got it, they give you the tea and biscuits before the process begins and they drug the tea.... Am I right, am I???

Hmmmph!

It's a nifty little wipe thingy actually with no sharp bits at all... sniff...

:D

Edited to add: And yes... they did give me tea and biscuits beforehand too.

There's a sign by the main entrance saying something like 'Enter via A&E after 9pm'. And A&E is about a 30 second walk away.

You mean they stood outside a locked door for 15 minutes and didn't bother to look around?

It's a bit harsh to try and blame the hospital for that when it sounds like it was just due to stupidity.

Aha what an excellent first post, twonk.

It's a bit harsh to .....

It's a bit harsh of you to criticize someone who was probably, understandably, in a fairly distressed condition.

No I don't think so.

Of course I realise that they were distressed and that under those circimstances people make mistakes. What I don't accept is that the hospital was the cause of that.

No I don't think so.

Of course I realise that they were distressed and that under those circimstances people make mistakes. What I don't accept is that the hospital was the cause of that.

Rather touchy aren't we?

Do you work there by any chance?

EDIT: to add quote

Archived