Corporate Service Providers Go Down....

manxchatterbox

The FSC web-site lists three local CSP's that have handed in their licences - big name players...PKF...Standard Bank..CGI...if there is a booming economy how comes these firms are packing up ??

http://www.gov.im/fsc

... and maybe, just maybe, its because the organisations are going through a strategic change and have sold their CSP businesses to concentrate on areas that make them more money. That would seem to be true in most of the cases listed.

But then again never the truth get in the way of completely half-arsed conspiracy theories presented as a good "scoop" MCB.

... and maybe, just maybe, its because the organisations are going through a strategic change and have sold their CSP businesses to concentrate on areas that make them more money. That would seem to be true in most of the cases listed.

And how do you reach that conclusion? Let us in on the secret and Ill buy you a pint :rolleyes:

And how do you reach that conclusion? Let us in on the secret and Ill buy you a pint :rolleyes:

I think you'll find its no secret. The CSP industry is consolidating, if your making money in other areas why keep the operation going if it has a value to someone else thats looking to expand in that area.

Two of the businesses mentioned are not core CSP providers - ones an accountant / tax planner / auditor, the other is a bank and trust company - I doubt CSP work is core business for either.

Then again, what the hell do I know, but i guess as usual MCB is talking through his / her arse with the conspiracy theory nonsence.

I don't have a clue what 'corporate service providers' actually do. I suppose I could look it up.

[providing sandwiches and filling up the drinks machine?]

/some time later ...

So I looked it up and followed a few of the links.

I still don't have a clue what corporate service providers do. But the first 2 pages on Google is mostly IOM.

I don't have a clue what 'corporate service providers' actually do. I suppose I could look it up.

[providing sandwiches and filling up the drinks machine?]

/some time later ...

So I looked it up and followed a few of the links.

I still don't have a clue what corporate service providers do. But the first 2 pages on Google is mostly IOM.

errrrr ...it tells you in the link I provided ..but here is an extract ..

"A CSP is a person who provides certain specified services to corporate entities (companies), whether incorporated in the Isle of Man or in any other jurisdiction. The regulated activities that comprise corporate services are defined in Schedule 1 to the CSP Act and include the following:

Formation of companies.

Sale, transfer or disposal of companies.

Provision of premises for use as a registered office by a company or as an accommodation address for a company. Providing such an address for an Isle of Man non-resident company (within the meaning of the Non-Resident Company Duty Act 1986), is also a regulated activity.

Acting as or arranging for others to act as a director or secretary of a company; or a manager or registered agent of a limited liability company, constituted under the Limited Liability Companies Act 1996.

Acting as or arranging for others to act as a nominee member or shareholder of a company.

Provision of company administration services, including the keeping of a company’s registers; the keeping of accounting records for a company and the preparation of its accounts; the preparation and making of returns or preparation and submission of other documents that are required to be submitted under the Companies Acts 1931 to 1993; or the taking and preparing of minutes of meetings or resolutions etc of members or the sole member, or of directors of a company, and the equivalent activities in respect of companies incorporated in jurisdictions other than the Isle of Man. "

Archived